Latest News: (loading..)
Jack_mcs

Database Optimizer

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added option Remove Orphan Orders.
  • Added the latest Version Checker files.
  • Corrected spelling mistake in the modules file - found by member Cary.
  • Corrected mistake in the remove old customers section that would prevent some customers from being deleted.
  • Fixed problems in Truncate Customers Orders.
  • Fixed a mistake in the common file when deleting sessions. (found by member John W).
  • Fixed several minor html coding mistakes. (found by member Demitry).

@Jack_mcs,

checked out the new version and all seems good.

There is only one small update missing for compatibility with latest 2.3.4 BS community version:

In database_optimizer.php should be:

require('includes/template_bottom.php');
  require('includes/application_bottom.php');

@@Jack_mcs

Following my post on July 1:

Excuse me for the delay, here my follow-up. Just installed yesterday. Your add-on work very well. Thank you for your work :-)

John

--------------------

osCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge

@Jack_mcs Seeing the following error when the cron job is run.

[09-Oct-2018 05:00:01 UTC] PHP Warning:  mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /home/xxx/public_html/izbushka/includes/functions/database.php on line 55

line 55: $result = mysqli_query($$link, $query) or tep_db_error($query, mysqli_errno($$link), mysqli_error($$link));

The following is printed in the confirmation email.

Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
<font color="#000000"><strong> - <br /><br />SHOW TABLES LIKE 'supertracker'<br /><br /><small><font color="#ff0000">[TEP STOP]</font></small><br /><br /></strong></font>

Could you please help fixing this?

What version of oscommerce are you using? What php version? Does the script run properly via Tools?

Latest CE on PHP 7.2 and the script does run via tools but additionally throws the following 2 errors.

[09-Oct-2018 20:09:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant DATABASE_OPTIMIZER_OPTIMIZE - assumed 'DATABASE_OPTIMIZER_OPTIMIZE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/langbrid/public_html/izbushka/includes/modules/database_optimizer.php on line 25
[09-Oct-2018 20:09:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/langbrid/public_html/izbushka/includes/modules/database_optimizer.php on line 42

I haven't test it under 7.2 so some changes may be needed for that. But in database_optimizer_cron.php, removing this line may allow it to run:

require('includes/filenames.php')

You can probably remove this one too since I don't think it is used but it won't cause a failure if left in:

require('includes/database_tables.php');

Removed the first line right after the installation as it threw a different error. Removing the second line doesn't change anything.

Given that the cron job worked previously when we were on PHP 5.6 it is probably safe to say that the current issue is related to PHP 7.2.

Yes, the problem is definitely related to the php version. I think it will run under 7.0 if you are able to reduce the php version.

Yes, it will be upgraded at some point. But addons are managed in my, very sparse, spare time and since the holiday season is fast approaching, I doubt that it will be done before next year.