Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RusNN

Individual box setting on every page

3 posts in this topic

New box system in v2.3.1 is really good. But there is a one little thing, that I suggest.

We may now enable and disable boxes, move them from column to column and rearrange, but we can't enable a box on, say index.php and disable it on shopping_cart.php and checkout*.php. Of couse we may change code of the box itself, but we lost mobility. Every new contrib may need a code rewriting. Some folks has hardship with coding.

There will be a great if each box has a setting where we may setup number of pages on which a box must not be shown. On admin side it may be looks like a multiselected list with files from www\catalog\*.php in standart setting box (on the right). If we want disable a box n some pages, we simple select those pages in the list. Now on client side in create method of a box we check the setting and a current shop page. If a page will not be found, we process the line

$this->group = ((MODULE_BOXES_..._CONTENT_PLACEMENT == 'Left Column') ? 'boxes_column_left' : 'boxes_column_right');

Adding new contribution and styling the shop will be much more easy.

There is a contribution that allows multiselected list in admin settings. This functionalitiy may be included into core 2.3.1 and allows to realize above suggession.

Sorry my bad english.

Thank you, Laurent! I miss the addon. May be because its first version is not english. Looks very well. But I think, such functionality should be present in core.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0