• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount Code

wijnendael

Can somebody tell me how to install the discount code addon to version 2.3.1 as i am finding the downloads available a little confusing. The discount code 2.8 for osc 2.3.1 only includes some page changes and no sql or other code changes. If i look at the original version 2.2 i think then it includes the sql changes and the code changes however it is different from version 2.3.1 of OSC when you get to step 6 as this code does not exist. How do i do a clean install of this addon to 2.3.1. Help would be appreciated

Thanks Chris,but this is the version i have. In the readme it says upload and overwrite the included files. Discountcode has never been installed before so there are no files to overwrite and nothing has been previously added to the database or any existing file codes changed. Surely this version is a upgrade when you already have the addon installed. What i need to know is how i can install it completely in version 2.3.1

Ok found the full install version and installed as per readme then used the 2.8 version to overwrite the files that where included. However although when going to admin everything seems to function ok i do not see the discount setup under Modules/order total i just see the normal things there and no mention of discount. Have i done something wrong ?

now i see that discount codes is in the admin catalog and not in modules, when i select this i just get a blank screen. First why is discount codes not under modules and why does it not display anything when all the pages are in the correct locations

Well still have a problem, now i can install the module but when i go to catalog and select discount code i get the following error in the page:

Discount Codes

Discount Code Applies to Discount Min Order Amt Expiry Orders Status Action

1054 - Unknown column 'dc.manufacturers_id' in 'field list'

select dc.discount_codes_id, dc.products_id, dc.categories_id, dc.manufacturers_id, dc.excluded_products_id, dc.orders_total, dc.order_info, dc.discount_codes, dc.discount_values, dc.minimum_order_amount, dc.expires_date, dc.number_of_orders, dc.number_of_use, dc.number_of_products, dc.status from discount_codes dc order by dc.discount_codes_id desc limit 0, 20

Anybody tell me what this means, looks like i still doing something wrong but getting there, i did the mods to the database !

Cherry,

Change the sort order in admin>modules>order_total so the discount is removed BEFORE the sub-total. Also, if you are using PayPal IPN, there are instructions in the contribution for changes to the PayPal file to accommodate the Discount Coupon Code.

Chris

Edited by DunWeb

just to let everyone know that i have found the problem with the error i was receiving. With some help from the original contributor of this addon, it appears that the tables i added to the database from the discount code 2.6 for osc 2.3.1 readme files are incorrect and only one table is added as follows:-

The structure of the discount_codes table should be

CREATE TABLE discount_codes (

discount_codes_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

products_id text,

categories_id text,

manufacturers_id text,

excluded_products_id text,

customers_id text,

orders_total tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

order_info tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

discount_codes varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',

discount_values varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',

minimum_order_amount decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',

expires_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',

number_of_orders int(4) NOT NULL default '0',

number_of_use int(4) NOT NULL default '0',

number_of_products int(4) NOT NULL default '0',

`status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY (discount_codes_id)

);

Hopefully now i can try out the addon and see if everything else functions ok

Hi Chris, I have tried but still doesn't work :( Please help!

-Cherry

Cherry,

Change the sort order in admin>modules>order_total so the discount is removed BEFORE the sub-total. Also, if you are using PayPal IPN, there are instructions in the contribution for changes to the PayPal file to accommodate the Discount Coupon Code.

Chris

Edited by sormui

Can anybody tell me where i can get the instructions for using discount code. I have tried entering a code and everything goes ok, is there a way to edit the code once it is installed i can only see delete. Does this mean that once entered the only way it can be edited is by deleting and starting again ?

I want to know how to edit the discount code too!

Can anybody tell me where i can get the instructions for using discount code. I have tried entering a code and everything goes ok, is there a way to edit the code once it is installed i can only see delete. Does this mean that once entered the only way it can be edited is by deleting and starting again ?

• 2 months later...

I have the problem, that (in osc2.3.1 and the addon is discount code 2.6) the codes can be used more than one time, no matter what I change about them in the admin.

Maybe anyone know how to fix this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Since no reply yet and I have noticed there are a few threads for this addon, so will try this thread. If the wrong area, I am sorry. I did add this module a while back. It is ver 2.9 on OSC 2.3.1. Discount codes at admin -> catalog -> Discount Codes does not look like the demo sample. I only have one drop down which is under products and that's it. The other four fields, I have to put cursor in the field and then use down key to make selection. Snap shot using DC from admin is below.

discount.jpg

And second, what I want is for discount to kick in when any order, regardless how many times it is used or how many customers, when order exceeds $500.00 they will automatically get a 7% discount and when orders exceeds $2000.00, they will receive get 10% discount. At present time, the way it works, they are getting the 7% even if order is below $500.00.

So can this module be set up for that or do i need to look at another module. Otherwise I will have to disabled module so as to get a fix for this.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't seem be any support for this mod. Is anyone using another discount addon where I can give my customers 7% and 10% once they have reached the $500 and $2000 without entering any codes? This needs to be automatic once a customer reaches said amount.

Thanks

I also want to add Discount Codes to my 2.3.sotre. Do I need to add Discount Code 2.6 and then upgrade to 2.7 then 2.8? I've looked over the intsall instruction and it seems that I have to load 2.6 then upgrade it. Is this the case? I am not a programmer but rather a retired Cisco Newtork Engineer so I'm tech savvy, just not HTML experienced. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed this addon some time ago but never tested the checkout, i just upgraded to version 2.9 on oscommerce 2.3 and only just noticed that for some reason the addon is not functioning correctly. When doing a checkout i can enter the discount code in the box but when proceeding to the next page order confirmation no discount is displayed or applied. So when the checkout is completed no discount was applied. The sort order has been set correctly but nothing is displayed or deducted can somebody assist.

I have finally got the code installed and set up up my first discount, I go into my site to test it out and as going through checkout I get this error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/flishclo/public_html/checkout_payment.php on line 277

I've checked the code on that line and its blank. Nothing there at all... but the problem is now no one can check out- not good! Can any one assist?

<?php

$radio_buttons++;

}

?>

</div>

?php

// Discount Code 2.6 - start

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_STATUS == 'true') {

?>

<h2><?php echo TEXT_DISCOUNT_CODE; ?></h2>

<div class="contentText">

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('discount_code', $sess_discount_code, 'size="10"'); ?>

</div>

<?php

}

// Discount Code 2.6 - end

?>

• 4 months later...

I am having a few problems with this mod. The first one is I do not know where to ask for support.

I am looking for support for this http://high-quality-php-coding.com/discount_code_module_for_oscommerce.html

I think this is the right place, but may be wrong. If so, I am sorry, there isn't a forum link posted anywhere on

the many download pages that this mod has.

Most important problem is that is breaks the cart after adding paypal express mods. I get the error

1054 - Unknown column 'dc.customers_id' in 'field list'

instead of going to paypal, so no-one can order anything from the cart.

Everything inside the admin area looks fine, but none of the codes that I create work.

Any help would be appreciated... or can someone recommend a discount plugin that works?

• 2 years later...