• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie problem

fun2o

As I was trying to find fixes for the duo problems of Admin .htaccess/.htpaswd and the default images that does'nt show, I unfortunately stumble on the error messages below and I am subsequently shut-out of the admin login. I can't log into the admin and I have tried several things but the error persist.

Please I will greatly appreciate anyone helping me out and letting me have a sound clue as to what might have indeed cause this error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/abd_admin/includes/configure.php:2) in /home/user/public_html/abd_admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/user/public_html/abd_admin/includes/configure.php:2) in /home/user/public_html/abd_admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/abd_admin/includes/configure.php:2) in /home/user/public_html/abd-admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

In addition, what does the /configure.php:2 mean.

Please somebody help me out.

Headers Already Sent

Click the link above for an explanation.

The problem is in /includes/configure.php (line 2)

The opening PHP tag:

<?php

MUST be at the very beginning of the file, no blank lines or spaces or other characters (seen or unseen) preceding it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Headers Already Sent

The opening PHP tag:

<?php

MUST be at the very beginning of the file, no blank lines or spaces or other characters (seen or unseen) preceding it.

Thank you many times, germ. That's appreciated.

That just fixed the problem. That line space must have occured while I was trying some editing of the file (/configure.php).

Actually,the dafault icons and images in the admin and in the store do not show. That was why I edit the configure.php file to start with. The paths seemed to correct but the problem still persist.

Pls, I will appreciate if you can as well offer an insight into how to tackle and solve this problem. I have checked some suspected files, checked server info for any possible server side misconfig, but I cant just locate the problem.

Thank you germ.

Thank you many times, germ. That's appreciated.

That just fixed the problem. That line space must have occured while I was trying some editing of the file (/configure.php).

Actually, the dafault icons and images in the admin and in the store do not show. That was why I edit the configure.php file to start with. The paths seemed to correct but the problem still persist.

Pls, I will appreciate if you can as well offer an insight into how to tackle and solve this problem. I have checked some suspected files, checked server info for any possible server side misconfig, but I cant just locate the problem.

Thank you germ.

If you want my help with the image problem you'll either have to post your URL or PM it to me.

I won't waste your time or mine by just guessing at the problem.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 7 months later...

Headers Already Sent

The opening PHP tag:

<?php

I have the same issue with admin/includes/functions/general.php

this is the top of the file

<?php
/*
 $Id: general.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

this is the error I get

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ////includes/functions/general.php:2) in/////includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

there is no space at the top of the file the <?php is the first thing on the file. This is a major issue, I cant access my admin, any tips??

I have the same issue with admin/includes/functions/general.php

this is the top of the file

<?php
/*
 $Id: general.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

this is the error I get

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ////includes/functions/general.php:2) in/////includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

there is no space at the top of the file the <?php is the first thing on the file. This is a major issue, I cant access my admin, any tips??

Okay, i read the link again and it says beginning AND end. I had a space at the end of the file. all working now

Thank you for your help Jim as always!thumbsup.gif

Archived