• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

more than one shop on the same paypal account?

trogette

Just checking something, it used to be possible to run more than one shop on the same paypal account by adding a letter to the invoice number passed to paypal to differentiate between the shops, but it seems this doesn't work any more. Is this true or do I have a different problem?

Tracy,

I have not tried it on 2.3.1 but I know it works on RC2a, RC2 and RC1. I am sure will also work on 2.3.1 with a little code tweaking.

Chris

Just checking something, it used to be possible to run more than one shop on the same paypal account by adding a letter to the invoice number passed to paypal to differentiate between the shops, but it seems this doesn't work any more. Is this true or do I have a different problem?

Hi,

I have been asking similar questions today (public / private) and am still researching the issue. Information I have received, which may be of use can be forwarded to you / or shared here? As I allude to in another post, I have received information about possible coding changes, which would differentiate between online shops using Paypal, but after looking in the PP Standard Module, I cannot locate the file that was brought to my attention (includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php). I may have misconstrued the information and it may be that the file is not a part of the PP Standard version at all, but another - Paypal IPN???

I also understand that simpler solutions (rather than coding) may also be used, but am still thinking those through, for example; for one shop using invoice numbers beginning with - 1; and for the second shop using invoice numbers beginning with - 10,000. As I said, still pondering about all of this.

Kind regards,

Peter...

Tracy,

I have not tried it on 2.3.1 but I know it works on RC2a, RC2 and RC1. I am sure will also work on 2.3.1 with a little code tweaking.

Chris

Hi Chris

I suspect the problem isn't something in the code tweaking but in my PayPal set-up then, unless the method of adding the letter has changed in the past 3 years?

Hi,

I have been asking similar questions today (public / private) and am still researching the issue. Information I have received, which may be of use can be forwarded to you / or shared here? As I allude to in another post, I have received information about possible coding changes, which would differentiate between online shops using Paypal, but after looking in the PP Standard Module, I cannot locate the file that was brought to my attention (includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php). I may have misconstrued the information and it may be that the file is not a part of the PP Standard version at all, but another - Paypal IPN???

Yes, the additional letter method via PayPal IPN is how I used to run it, just wondering now if I could do so again while I'm installing a new version of the shop :)

Yes, the additional letter method via PayPal IPN is how I used to run it, just wondering now if I could do so again while I'm installing a new version of the shop :)

Hello all,

This post is not targeted at any particular individual. I place it here due to my questions relation to the original post.

I have been in here for two days, reading a lot of information, a lot of it not very clear at all and a lot of it appears to contradicts previous information, or is guesswork.

At present, I am looking for definite instructions on how to use PP Standard with one PP business account, across several online stores, utilising OSC v2.3.1 - simple?

I do not wish a coder to do the work for me, I just need to know how to bring together OSC - multiple sites / Paypal Standard / Paypal account - in plain English...

Kind regards,

Peter...