• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Review My New Store

jbhz_finisher

WARNING: To people that would be offended by the nature of my products on this website and if your under age 18 PLEASE DO NOT REVIEW!!

Im still in the process in adding more products, so besides that what do you think of this website? I have seen the rotator banner on a few computers with older I.E versions not fill the whole banner box.. Let me know if you see the same thing. Thanks in advance.

Adult Novelty Website

The front page and category pages feel cluttered and restrictive to me. Way too many things to look at and not enough white space. Go look at some of the top online retailers and compare their appearance. Get rid of any column boxes that aren't absolutely necessary. A single column is best.

In contrast to your cluttered front page and categories, your product pages are rather boring. The long side columns make them look empty. Some HTML in some of the descriptions would make them read better. Many people will not read single long paragraph, but will read one-two sentence paragraphs or bullet lists. Again, go look at the top retailers.

Get rid of the "This website is optimized for use with FireFox web browser". Nobody cares, except the ones who get offended.

The colors of your template don't match your logo at all. Since this is apparently based on osC 2.3.1, use Themeroller to make a theme that matches your logo colors.

I like the search box and its location. The header layout is good. I would change the Free Shipping banner to make it stand out a bit more, and again match the colors to your store.

I had to read your legal statement to find out where you are located, and the Contact US page for a phone number. Leave those where they are, but add an About Us page with that information. Customers will feel more comfortable doing business with you if they know more about you, and this information needs to be easy to find.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you for your honest opinion, this was exactly what i was looking for! I have made several changes contrary to what you suggested. I still need someone to design a better looking free shipping image and create a About Us page.

Thanks, Michael

P.S, There have been over 150 views to this thread!! Dont be shy people, tell me what you think. I wont be offended if you give negative feedback just be honest.

Michael,

The Site Review Policy states you must have 'Powered by Oscommerce' in the footer of your store to receive member feedback. Further, the GPL that was supplied with your download of v2.3.1 states you must keep 'Powered by Oscommerce' in the footer unless you significantly modify the layout of the cart so it can not be identified as an Oscommerce store. IMO, you have not qualified to be able remove that tag.

Chris

Michael,

The Site Review Policy states you must have 'Powered by Oscommerce' in the footer of your store to receive member feedback. Further, the GPL that was supplied with your download of v2.3.1 states you must keep 'Powered by Oscommerce' in the footer unless you significantly modify the layout of the cart so it can not be identified as an Oscommerce store. IMO, you have not qualified to be able remove that tag.

Chris