• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Theme Switcher module configuration issues?

Emilytw88

I managed to "installed" the Theme Switcher module to my new store (osCommerce 2.3.1) installed on my local machine. However, when I try to play with the "custom theme" or any theme that I download from jquery.com at the admin page. All the color banner/seperator were gone? All I see on the page are the text and the pictures. Can anyone here can help me to fix this error or tell me what did I do wrong?? I am so useless when I try to change something to the existing template!! Please help!!! :-(

-Emily

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I experienced the same effect with no theme show but after read and follow the install PDF file. the theme showed beautifully and able to switched from one to another with ease from the admin module control.

But I got a difference problem when swithing the language from english to Thai or French and the error read as follow;

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ht_theme_switcher in /home/doiboyco/domains/doiboy.com/public_html/osc/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_theme_switcher.php on line 13

Now I'm stucked there?? Could anyone help????

That error usually means that you've installed a file in the wrong place. Did you copy the file from catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_theme_switcher.php to catalog/includes/languages/french/modules/header_tags/ht_theme_switcher.php?

There is another problem that happens when the language is improperly defined. The language name in your Admin panel must match the name on the directory the language is installed in. Does it?

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.