• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Super Download Store for Version 2.3.x

@@GGOscar How did you manage to get this to work for free products. What ever i do, my test site always shows a shipping cost and i cannot bypass that page. Products price and weight are both set to zero.

hi @@14steve14,

Thank you every so much for the help before (and many other times through out this forum!) and sorry for a rather late and poor reply. To be honest Im very new to this and Im not sure how to answer your question in a good way. I'm using the normal "Postage and Service' module with the Free Product Checkout http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8080 . I'm also using "Shorter Checkout for OSc 2.3X. And I've managed to get it to work with both downloads costing money and for free downloads. I hope this might help. Otherwise if you can be more specific I will try my best to answer your questions.

Kindest Regards

Oscar

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on and off for weeks trying to get Download and now Super Download to work. I am almost there, but hit this snag. When I go in as a customer to download, this shows on the screen. I can download the file and it seems to be working - but this looks like a mess. This code is in /includes/modules/downloads.php. I thought I followed the instructions properly, but it looks like in the code I've got a misplaced beginning or ending mark. (This code is black in my editor.) I've tried fixing it, but can't seem to get it right. I'll also include the code. Thanks!

Download links

Feis Mom - Download File 1

button_download.gif - 11.11Kb Link expires:

Tuesday 31 July, 2012 4 downloads remaining Feis Mom - Download File 1

button_download.gif - 11.11Kb Link expires:

Tuesday 31 July, 2012 5 downloads remaining

// BOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod // BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller // If there is a download in the order and they cannot get it, tell customer about download rules $downloads_check_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_id, opd.orders_products_download_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.orders_id = opd.orders_id and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$last_order . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''"); if (tep_db_num_rows($downloads_check_query) > 0 && tep_db_num_rows($downloads_query) < 1) { ?>

NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

downloads.php

@@FeisMom

Change it to this:

<?php

// BOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

// If there is a download in the order and they cannot get it, tell customer about download rules

$downloads_check_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_id, opd.orders_products_download_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.orders_id = opd.orders_id and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$last_order . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

if (tep_db_num_rows($downloads_check_query) > 0 && tep_db_num_rows($downloads_query) < 1) {

?>

You were missing the opening PHP tag.

Chris

Thank you. But when I do that, I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce-2.3.1\Shop\includes\modules\downloads.php on line 141

Line 141 is the end of the file. I'm thinking it is something to do with nested opening and closing tags, but couldn't figure it out. I'm really new to all this - old programmer, but new to this.

Lori

I had Superdownload working perfectly on my localhost installation, but hit a snag when I tried to put it up on my live site. I am getting this when I try to create a new product that can be downloaded.

File Groups 1146 - Table 'scm_5dkchkjih1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select download_group_id, download_group_name from TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS where download_group_id != 0 and language_id = 1 order by download_group_id

[TEP STOP]

I also have two values when I go into the Download configuration. I did run the filegroup db setup twice because the first time it gave an error. Is that what gave me two of each (download controller update status, etc.)?

I am not really familiar with using phpMyAdmin, so I suspect I did something wrong there. Any suggestions? Thanks!

@@FeisMom

1146 - Table 'scm_5dkchkjih1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS' doesn't exist

Either the table was not created in the database, or the table is not defined in the /includes/database_tables.php file.

I also have two values when I go into the Download configuration. I did run the filegroup db setup twice because the first time it gave an error. Is that what gave me two of each (download controller update status, etc.)?

It should only have been run once, this will cause a problem.

Chris

Where is it for me to remove? Also, I noticed that the Collation for Products_attributes_Download_groups is set to latin1_swedish_ci but all the other tables are utf8_general_ci. Does that matter? (and how did that happen???)

And in phpmyadmin when I open the Products_attributes_Download_groups table and move my cursor over Browse it becomes a red X and won't let me. Thanks for your patience - I am reading a book on phpmyadmin, etc but I find learn more when I just jump in and try it.

Edited by FeisMom

I am installing this to my website, but can't find the file: catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_download.gif

I think I have installed everything correctly and it seems to be working except there is no link for the customer to download the file. Could it be because this image file is missing?

Thanks again!

Lori Austin

www.FeisMomEmbroidery.com

The .gif is missing. I tried following the installation instructions, but that .gif isn't with the other button files (ic_up.gif and ic_down.gif). I just re-downloaded the contribution to see if perhaps I had accidentally deleted it, but it isn't there either. I know I did not follow the installation instructions because I can't find the file to upload. Can I get just this file somewhere?

Check the code from download about timestamp fix and css buttons. Its the second one up from the bottom of the page. I have not tried the latest release, but do have the first two downloads working fine.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have some site links where I can see this working...new (and old) versions?

Edited by ErikMM

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.

So, there is an "official" support forum for SuperDownloadStore!

After struggling with product_attributes.php a bit, my SuperDownloadStore appears to be working. However, after placing an order for it, when PayPal returns, I got the following message on the screen:

// BOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod // BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller // If there is a download in the order and they cannot get it, tell customer about download rules $downloads_check_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_id, opd.orders_products_download_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.orders_id = opd.orders_id and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$last_order . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''"); if (tep_db_num_rows($downloads_check_query) > 0 && tep_db_num_rows($downloads_query) < 1) { ?>

Which modification did I screw-up?

Thanks,

So, there is an "official" support forum for SuperDownloadStore!

After struggling with product_attributes.php a bit, my SuperDownloadStore appears to be working. However, after placing an order for it, when PayPal returns, I got the following message on the screen:

Which modification did I screw-up?

Thanks,

Looks like it comes from the bottom of downloads.php. I have:

<?php

// If there is a download in the order and they cannot get it, tell customer about download rules

$downloads_check_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_id, opd.orders_products_download_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.orders_id = opd.orders_id and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$last_order . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

if (tep_db_num_rows($downloads_check_query) > 0 && tep_db_num_rows($downloads_query) < 1) {

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="3" align="center" valign="top" class="main" height="30"><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=1 COLOR="FF000"><?php echo DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ON_HOLD_MSG ?></FONT></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

?>

<!-- downloads_eof //-->

I believe the instrution is slightly off. Mod to downloads.php:

Find this code around line 118:

<?php

}

?>

ADD this code BELOW it:

=======================

Shouldn't it be above that last ?> ....? Here's what I ended with:

<?php

}

// BOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod

<tr>

<td colspan="3" align="center" valign="top" class="main" height="30"><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=1 COLOR="FF000">

<?php echo DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ON_HOLD_MSG?></FONT></td>

</tr>

}

?>

<!-- // EOF Super Download Store v2.3.x mod -->

I need to build a membership only area where member can view information - rather than download them. SuperDownload store does everything I wanted except the last step. Is that possible already, or do I need to look for other contributions?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Feis Mom Embroidery Design Link expires:

Thursday 20 September, 2012 5 downloads remaining

This what I get after I think I have installed the package correctly. It looks right except that there is no button to actually download the file. Any hints? I have tried to find where I have missed something, but can not.

Edited by FeisMom