• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shop logo

wijnendael

hi everyone, just installed the oscommerce on my site and am new to all this. I am going through the admin setup and wish to know what size of shop logo i can place into the page. I have tried one but it is obviously to big as half is behind something else. Can someone tell me what is the maximum size of png image i can use without making changes or better still how can i change the settings so a bigger logo (height) can be used. Maybe also while i am posting this question can someone tell me if i can add another item to the informatin panel in the bottom left corner

In catalog/stylesheet.css this section controls the header portion with the logo

#header {
 height: 60px;
}

#storeLogo {
 float: left;
 margin-top: 5px;
}

#headerShortcuts {
 float: right;
 margin-top: 15px;
}

Change the height under #header to what you need.

thanks for the reply. I now have another question but maybe i should make another post. I wish to start adding text to some of the pages for shipping and contact etc how do i do this can it be done through the admin login or has it to be done in the control panel ?

thanks bktrain, but i cannot find the path you tell me to change the items in, where is it. Do i do this with the oscommerce admin or by another method. When i look through dreamweaver at my remote site i cannot find a folder called catalog. I can not see it with the justhost control panel either. Can you please tell me how you get to it

The word "catalog" refers to the root of your osCommerce installation

If you have your store installed in a folder, that mean you access it like www.mydomain.com/catalog/ or www.mydomain.com/shop/ then "catalog" or "shop" or whatever the folder is called is the root of your store, so you set this word (eg "shop" equal to "catalog" and follow the path from there on

If you have the store installed directly in your sites root, that mean you access it like www.mydomain.com, then you don't have any catalog folder. You just strip the word catalog from all paths and follow them from there on.

In the concrete case, you should go directly to folder /includes/ and follow the given path from there on catalog/includes/languages/your_language_here/shipping.php or contact_us.php or conditions.php.

Thanks multimixer, in the meantime i found it and added the text to the page. I am now trying to find out how i can add another item to the information box and create a link to a page which i suppose i will also have to create is there a simple way of doing all this ?

Thanks multimixer, in the meantime i found it and added the text to the page. I am now trying to find out how i can add another item to the information box and create a link to a page which i suppose i will also have to create is there a simple way of doing all this ?

To create a new link in your information box do the following.

In includes/filename.php add to the bottom before the closing " ?> "

define('FILENAME_YOUR_NEW_LINK', 'your_new_link.php');

In includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php find

'    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONTACT . '</a>' .

Change to

'    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONTACT . '</a><br />' .
               '    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_YOUR_NEW_LINK) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_YOUR_NEW_LINK . '</a>' .

In includes/languages/your_language_here/modules/boxes/bm_information.php add to the bottom before the closing " ?> "

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_YOUR_NEW_LINK', 'Your New Link');

Be sure to replace all instances of your_new_link with your needs.

In catalog/stylesheet.css this section controls the header portion with the logo

#header {
 height: 60px;
}

#storeLogo {
 float: left;
 margin-top: 5px;
}

#headerShortcuts {
 float: right;
 margin-top: 15px;
}

Change the height under #header to what you need.

I'd like to extend the length of my header across the page and remove the oscommerce buttons on the right side. In my css file I can't find any code like what you suggested--there are no #signs, nowhere to change the height. (but what I want to change is the length, right?) What am I missing?

Archived