• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Check out my site

whitewolfspirits

i like it. i always like simple, clean looking sites without flashing and throwing things in your face :)

though it looks unfinished. the "add to cart" button just screams oscommerce, shopping cart and whole checkout procedure still looks oscommerce. id try doing a bit more styling so it doesnt look like oscommerce.

the way that page numbers(Displaying 1 to 30 (of 66 products) Result Pages: 1 2 3 [Next >>] ) could be worked on a little. they seem to merge in to the background if you get what i mean :blink:

:thumbsup:

i would add a lightbox/fancybox addon to the pop up images in product_info.

Thank you. I made some of the changes you suggested. Still have to work on the "Displaying page...". Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

What is the contribution you are using for product types or is it custom?. I like that

i like it. i always like simple, clean looking sites without flashing and throwing things in your face :)

though it looks unfinished. the "add to cart" button just screams oscommerce, shopping cart and whole checkout procedure still looks oscommerce. id try doing a bit more styling so it doesnt look like oscommerce.

the way that page numbers(Displaying 1 to 30 (of 66 products) Result Pages: 1 2 3 [Next >>] ) could be worked on a little. they seem to merge in to the background if you get what i mean :blink:

:thumbsup:

i would add a lightbox/fancybox addon to the pop up images in product_info.

Where can I find the (Displaying 1 to 30...) so I can format it? I found the wording in the english.php file, but where is the file located that it is in.

White Wolf Spirits

Where can I find the (Displaying 1 to 30...) so I can format it? I found the wording in the english.php file, but where is the file located that it is in.

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

That's a good enough reason.

Maybe you can try to move away from the very "oscommercey" look that you have going on? If you compare yours to a standard osc2.2 install, there isn't a great deal of difference (other than colour).

i dont like your most recent changes to the blue bars, what you had before was a lot nicer

I liked it better too. I went back to the blue bars. I kind of like the oscommerce look. It is clean cut and neat. Trying to come up with some design ideas within that look. Thank you!

White Wolf Spirits

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to the forum and Ecommerce. I am currently studying Electronic Engineering and computer science and University and want to get better at ecommerce.

I created a website last year on the domain but didn't get to finish it.Please check out my site.

I am new to the forum and Ecommerce. I am currently studying Electronic Engineering and computer science and University and want to get better at ecommerce.

I created a website last year on the domain but didn't get to finish it.Please check out my site.

Unfortunately, I do not possess a magic wand or a crystal ball and therefore I can not review your site.

whitewolfspirits,

From what I can see it is really very stock oscommerce with just some minor graphical changes.

To take the look of your store away from the stock oscommerce look you do not need to make full use all available options but using just a few can make huge improvements:

- I would suggest you using only one column and then to add fixed width with an outer background shade or image

- Also, I would suggest you adding an SEO contribution

- Finally, you should re-think the logo and header image area. You can always keep the same concept but just play around with various images and sizes

I could list more suggestions but these are the main ones...

I wish you success in your business :)

Chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived