• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Orders Lost

Snarg

Hello.

Recently I have had issues with customers not returning to the site after making a payment via PayPal. What I end up with is a confirmation of payment from PayPal, but no order logged in osCommerce. Granted, I can dig through the database on my own however, this is time consuming. While searching the contributions on this site, I found Recover Orders Lost when customers dont return from Paypal. This seems to be exactly what I am looking for but, there is one issue.

Step two of the instructions say I need to open Paypal.php and add some lines of code. Here is where my problem begins. I have the following files under includes/modules/payment:

paypal_direct.php

paypal_express.php

paypal_standard.php

paypal_uk_direct.php

paypal_uk_express.php

The only payment module I have active is PayPal Standard so, I would make the assumption that I would add the code included to paypal_standard.php but, the code included does not match what is in my .php file.

I would very much like to have this contrib up and running, but I don't want to screw up what is already working. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am using OSC v 2.2 RC2. This is at the top of my paypal_standard.php file:

/*
 $Id: paypal_standard.php 1803 2008-01-11 18:16:37Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2008 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

Again, thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

The usual solution is to switch to Paypal IPN module and the order will ALWAYS be logged in admin.

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

I havent installed this contribution, so i may not be much help. I have looked at the contribution instructions and they dont seem to be very helpfull.

My only suggestion is with paypal standard to ensure that you have a return URL setup within your paypal account to return customers to your checkout_sucess.php page.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

The usual solution is to switch to Paypal IPN module and the order will ALWAYS be logged in admin.

PayPal Standard has been working fine. I have IPN set up on PayPal's side. I get the order payment confirmation emails however, there are no details to the orders, just the order totals.

I havent installed this contribution, so i may not be much help. I have looked at the contribution instructions and they dont seem to be very helpfull.

My only suggestion is with paypal standard to ensure that you have a return URL setup within your paypal account to return customers to your checkout_sucess.php page.

I have the referrer URL set up, but I think the customers are closing the browser before PayPal has a chance to re-direct them.

This is not happening to all customers, just a few of them.

Again, thank you for any help anyone else may be able to provide.