• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"This invoice has already been paid...."

qkzoo

I am trying to test my site with PayPal Standard. I have my "dummy" PayPal account in the PayPal Standard's settings, and it's in "sandbox" mode. I go through a test transaction, and after I confirm my transaction with my "sandbox" account, it says "Return to Merchant - This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant." When I go to "transaction history" on my sandbox test account, there is nothing there!

Have I done something wrong here, any ideas?

Andy

I am trying to test my site with PayPal Standard. I have my "dummy" PayPal account in the PayPal Standard's settings, and it's in "sandbox" mode. I go through a test transaction, and after I confirm my transaction with my "sandbox" account, it says "Return to Merchant - This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant." When I go to "transaction history" on my sandbox test account, there is nothing there!

Have I done something wrong here, any ideas?

Andy

I've done exactly the same and got the same result as you. Would love to know how to fix so my site can go live next week.

If you figure anything out, please let me know, I'm dumb-struck right now...

Andy

Andy

In the other forums I found lots of messages about changing the order ID but that was not the solution that worked for me.

What I found was that the two accounts that I used when setting up the sandbox were the ones that I needed to use when testing (the temporary seller account and the buyer account). So in the OSC config file for the Paypal standard module, you may also have [email protected] in the email field. This needs to be changed to the sandbox user account eg [email protected]. Then run a test payment thru and when you get to paypal, use the buyer sandbox account to do the payment.

I hope this works for you too, it did for me!

Just remember when you are ready to go live, set the email account back to your main account.

regards

Hey Dazau, or anybody else,

This still isn't working. I have set:

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected] [Paypal Developer Account]

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Sandbox

Transaction Method

Sale

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

I login to my site, I go through the entire order process, click PayPal as my payment method, get through all the verification steps on PayPal, logging in with my sandbox user account, I click verify, and then "Error - Return to Merchant, This invoice has already been paid."

I have tried paying by check/money order, and that seems to work fine, but then I order again, trying to pay by means of PayPal, and I run into the same problem again. Have I screwed up a setting here or something, I have to get this to work!

Thanks to anybody that can help me!

Andy