• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Bypasses Shipping selection?

Hello,

Got an order today w/o and shipping selected or charged for, found out the customer had no PayPal account and just followed PayPal's instruction how to buy w/o PayPal account and it did not include shipping selection?

Any idea how to prevent this?

Cheers

i'm having the exact same problem. I had the problem with oscommerce 2.2 so i actually installed a fresh 2.3.1 and same problem. After some research, i found that paypal has recently updated their process and i think that could be what's affecting paypal express checkout with oscommerce. Can Anyone verify this?

• 1 month later...

I am having this problem. I tried to reproduce the problem. The PayPal button appears on shopping_cart.php and if I use it, no shipping info is displayed on the PayPal page. I have PayPal Express and UPSXML installed.

I found a solution here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,7333 , but after commenting out the section in paypal_express.php it still displays the button on shopping_cart.php. Is there another solution?

I found this in shopping_cart.php:

<?php
$initialize_checkout_methods = $payment_modules->checkout_initialization_method();

if (!empty($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>

<p align="right" style="clear: both; padding: 15px 50px 0 0;"><?php echo TEXT_ALTERNATIVE_CHECKOUT_METHODS; ?></p>

<?php
  reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
  while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>

<p align="right"><?php echo $value; ?></p>

<?php
  }
}
?>

Can I just comment this code out?

Edited by telavir

End of line.

• 4 weeks later...

I've found that if people use the express check out button rather than the regular check out and register proceedure, the postage gets screwed up. I solved this temporarily by taking the 2 letter country code off, but this is less than ideal! I'm not a coder so have no idea what the actual fault is. HELP! :'(

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar problem: osC 2.3.1 with the Canada Post shipping module and the PayPal Express Checkout.

Shoppers that select the cheapest shipping level are having their shipping "upgraded" during the PayPal process. So they select the cheapest method and proceed with the PayPal process, PayPal quotes them their shipping price correctly until the very last page where in the shipping menu the most expensive method is selected (but the total still doesn't account for it) and when they confirm they are charged for the expensive shipping and the order is "upgraded" in osC.

I've seen various reports of similar problems and even found a fix here but it doesn't work for me... the process just stalls on the express.php page, blank.

I've contacted PayPal about it but they are being useless, barely understandable. So I have deactivated that payment method until I find a fix.

I'm hoping someone will figure this one out, it's beyond me.