• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Probelm with VAT less sales

chrishamblin

Hi.

I've recently upgraded my store to 2.3 from 2.2. It all seemed to go well, and after a bunch of testing it went live.

Now I've found that there is quite a large flaw in my code.

If someone from inside the EU buys something, VAT is added and all is good.

If someone from OUTSIDE the EU (eg. USA) buys something, VAT isn't added - which is right - but for some reason the grand total after shipping costs etc. is $0.

Thankfully we have a deferred payment system, and we use Sage Pay who don't process Zero cost transactions, so no real orders were processed at this rather impressive discount, but I need to fix it.

I'm guessing that there is a problem with my upgraded code and the way that it calculates the VAT reduction (A possibly multiple by Zero is my current thinking).

Has anyone else run into this sort of thing?

If / when I get to an answer I'll post back here with my findings...

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know if anyone else ran into this issue or not, but I found a solution.

In the old version of the store (2.2) you never had to specify a tax rate for the Rest Of the World.

Now you do. I have set a new tax rate group with the value at 0% and it's now all happy again.