• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installtion problem with 2.31

I used to use oscommerce and had no issue with it on my previous website. Now on a new domain, completely new database. The installation appeared to go successfully, however, when I try to go to the store (which isnt even configured yet because of this) I'm getting the error:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/19/282/315/870/0/user/web/odriscollimaging.com/store/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/19/282/315/870/0/user/web/odriscollimaging.com/store/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /misc/19/282/315/870/0/user/web/odriscollimaging.com/store/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

I havent even removed any files as suggested after installation. Am I missing something here?

the store url is at http://www.odriscollimaging.com/store/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/ ..... and I cant seem to access the admin side of things either

suggestions anyone?

i was able to see the website the first time i loaded it but when i clicked on something it all went downhill from there. seems to me like it has forgot which langauge i am using, something wrong with session variables ?

Make sure you are are storing your sessions in the DB. Look at both your configure.php files and make sure that you have this line;

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Then clear your sessions table in your database.

• 1 year later...

Same probleme here:

I was able to see the website the first time i loaded it but when i clicked on something it all went downhill from there.

Seems to me something is wrong with session variables...

My configuration:

Server Capabilities
-------------------------
PHP Version 5.4.0  

PHP Settings				
	register_globals		Off	 [yes]
	magic_quotes	Off			 [yes]
	file_uploads	On			  [yes]
	session.auto_start	  Off	 [yes]
	session.use_trans_sid   Off	 [yes]	
Required PHP Extensions			
	MySQL						   [yes]
Optional PHP Extensions	
	GD							  [yes]
	cURL							[yes]
	OpenSSL						 [yes]

Webserver Root Directory: /www/htdocs/eshop/

Both configure.php files contain:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

If I clear the mysql table 'session' the first load of the shop works fine but when i click on something the error shows up.

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/eshop/includes/application_top.php on line 279

Any idea what might be wrong?

@@zopeuser

This is an old issue & I`m not sure a definitive cause has been found.

First can you say what language your browser is set to & if that language is available in the site.

One possible cause that has been suggested is osC use of the depreciated vars (prior to V3) and it could be significant that you have php v5.4

I`ve not been able to fully reproduce this, but its clear whats happening is on your first visit the $_SESSION var language is being set with a null value so on your 2nd visit osC assumes that as that var is set it must be valid, so uses it regardless, resulting in it attempting to include a null file, hence your error.

To test if it is a depreciated vars issue, within includes/functions/sessions.php replace all

$HTTP_GET_VARS with $_GET

$HTTP_POST_VARS with $_POST

$HTTP_SERVER_VARS with $_SERVER

$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS with $_COOKIE

then clear your browser cache & cookies & reload the page & see if issue re-occurs

You could also make this change, which will force osc to set the language if its not.

application_top.php find:

// set the language
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

replace with:

// set the language
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) || empty($language)) {

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

There is an osC 2.4 in the works, specifically to work with PHP 5.4. You may want to look around for discussion on that, to see what changes you need to make to 2.3.1. Or wait for 2.4. Or go back to PHP 5.3 or earlier.

• 11 months later...

I am getting the following errors:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce23\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 279

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce23\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 279

ADMIN:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce23\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 167

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce23\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 167

2.3.3 is the latest version i am using with XAMPP Version: 1.8.1,when we can expect 2.4 ?

Are you sure it was confirmed solved in 2.3.3? Not just that someone put a code change in the library, but that many people have used it and the problem hasn't shown up again. A month or two ago this came up, and I looked through the 2.3.3 application_top.php, and there were still gaping holes in the code that sets $language and $languages_id. I posted a rewrite of that section (untested) but I haven't heard back if anyone ever used it and what the results were. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/391674-localization/page__hl__+application_top%20+language#entry1663302

PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/srv35350/htdocs/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167
PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/srv35350/htdocs/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/srv35350/htdocs/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 167

Fresh 2.3.3 installation. Reading through the code, CMS doesn't even TRY to make sure the language is detected at all.

(Downloaded from http://www.oscommerce.com/files/oscommerce-2.3.3.zip )

Archived