osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Designing New Themes the Easy Way

kymation

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do i install the theme switcher? please help :D i'm new here!

Download the add-on, unzip it, read the documentation that comes in the zip file and follow the instructions in the documentation.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone;

I need a little help. I did the theme roller and changed to le-frog. When you go and look at products it shows in green then white. The test though is also white so you cannot read it. Can someone tell me how to fix this little problem? I would just like to change the white box to a shade of green or change the text to black.

@@mikek1

in your fie catalog/stylesheet.css find

.productListTable tr.alt td {
 background-color: #ecf6fc;
}

and change it to any color you like, or remove it. This rule set the alternate background color for the rows in product listing table

Hi, I downloaded oscommerce from fat cow and I am haveing issues trying to change color/font and inbox color. I went to your link to try and download themeroller and it says it can not be found? I am not sure of what to do next?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jim

I made the steps as you wrote to install a custom them.I downloadet the zip file and when I open it in the development-bundle section, there is no where a file such as jquery-ui-1.8.7......

The only file similar is "jquery-ui.css".

Also when I made the download from that file, there is only the Version 1.9 from Jquery. So my problem is, what I am doing wrong?

maybe you can help?

Best regards

and thank you

Marc

• 3 months later...

I followed your steps but when I get to the step I have listed below... There is no file in the le frog directory named jquery-ui-1.8.7.custom.css

There is no file with any number at all.. Is there something else I can do?

1. Open the le-frog directory (or whatever your directory is named) and look for a file named jquery-ui-1.8.7.custom.css. Change the name of that file to jquery-ui-1.8.6.css. Note: In some cases that file may already be named jquery-ui-1.8.7.css, in which case you have less to change. Again, the last digit of the number may be different.

• 4 months later...

I followed your steps but when I get to the step I have listed below... There is no file in the le frog directory named jquery-ui-1.8.7.custom.css

There is no file with any number at all.. Is there something else I can do?

1. Open the le-frog directory (or whatever your directory is named) and look for a file named jquery-ui-1.8.7.custom.css. Change the name of that file to jquery-ui-1.8.6.css. Note: In some cases that file may already be named jquery-ui-1.8.7.css, in which case you have less to change. Again, the last digit of the number may be different.

Hmm, same deal is it possible OSC v2.3.3 is going to be outdated soon? Just trying to find the correct file to rename also? Any help would be really appreciated.

The jQuery UI team keeps changing the downloads, so it's hard to keep up with. In the latest version it's jquery-ui.css.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

I think I might know the files that are needed, just gets a little brain draining when cross referencing. i have made some minor changes to my site using the stylesheet but the new 960 grid layout make alot of it redundant. Thers alot of code brought through from the old versions that seems to not function. Its like a bit confusing whats needed so if it works leave it alone. I might be way off but thats the impression I got.

Thank you for your support to the Oscommerce project...

Ok thats not so hard... Upload Directory found in //jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom/development-bundle/themes/whatever your custom name is/

Mine was /techmod/... Then find catalog/includes/template_top.php...and edit the line No. 29

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/the name of your file/jquery-ui-1.8.22.css" /> Note I have named the file as per original code: I also name the file that was included with the custom theme from (jquery-ui.css) to (jquery-ui-1.8.22.css) I hope this was correct.

However I do not have any background colour is is the same as original. I might have missed something but not sure. Evrything is backed up so I can just revert if needed. If there is something I missed please let me know otherwise I will run the process again to find where I missed the code required for the background. I would like to use a 1x400px gradient picture for the BG but that is another lesson to learn after the theme lesson.. Thanks again Jim.. work in progress www.tminz.co.nz/shop2

The theme background is used in osCommerce only in certain boxes. Your site appears to be working as expected for an osC install.

Read the Basics for Design thread for more information on backgrounds etc.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have got it all but done. I have sorted the gradient background. One thing I was having trouble finding is the text box color codes for contact us and leave us a message with your order text box. Background and text color code location? If you get a chance to have a look at the site let me know what you think of the theme.

One other issue is limiting the number of listings per category/page say to 5 and have multiple pages but I think it is set in Admin but I must be missing it. http://tminz.co.nz/shop2/index.php?cPath=3_10 If i can limit the listings the background will not repeat as seen when scrolling. Unless I create a longer background or a transition for matching color I.E light, dark, light.*

I have been searching the forums... Oh well I wil get the little problems sorted out eventually.

Thank you for all your input.

This is why Oscommerce is better than Opencart. I found it hard to try and work through OpenC with all the background experiance gained working on OSC. OSC is still very familliar and seems to have better support.

Look in Configuration >> Maximum Values in your Admin. The Search Results value controls more than search.

To find colors etc easily, install Firebug in Firefox. It will tell you the file and line controlling every value.

Regards

Jim

Archived