• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS in OScommerce 2.3

Meridious

I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have been doing some testing with my site and can't seem to figure out the shipping part. Using USPS (stock 2.3 version), it doesn't give me options to pick from. I took a shirt and added it to my cart. When I went to checkout, it only gives me an option for Library mail. I don't know what that is but I only want to use priority mail. I've tried blanking out the ones I don't want to use but then I get nothing.

Is there something I can change to make it work correctly ? If not, will one of the 2.2 modules work ?

USPS changed their interface on January 2nd. As far as I know, no USPS module currently works completely. This will get fixed at some point, so you might want to wait.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have been doing some testing with my site and can't seem to figure out the shipping part. Using USPS (stock 2.3 version), it doesn't give me options to pick from. I took a shirt and added it to my cart. When I went to checkout, it only gives me an option for Library mail. I don't know what that is but I only want to use priority mail. I've tried blanking out the ones I don't want to use but then I get nothing.

Is there something I can change to make it work correctly ? If not, will one of the 2.2 modules work ?

Before 2 Jan I had my 3.2.1 shop (a work in progress) having its USPS correctly operating.

On that day my shipping went blank during test purchases.

I found that this fix worked for me:

This fix is based off of this post number 748 See "My Link" below

My link

grapesmuggler said:

My quick fix for USPS domestic rates was to just strip out all the new characters on the $type variable before it builds the shipping quotes array. I have a heavily modified usps.php modules file so I cannot show you exactly where, but basically find where the quotes array is built from the USPS response and add this code:

Mine looks like this:

list($type, $cost) = each($uspsQuote[$i]);

so I added this after:

$type = str_replace('<sup>®</sup>', '', $type);

$type = str_replace('<sup>™</sup>', '', $type);

$type = str_replace('**', '', $type);

This removes the everything that was added by USPS that was causing errors on my site. It also fixes the international issue (response had added a ** to the end of the title).

grapesmuggler's fix got me back my shipping for both domestic and international first class and priority shipping options. This is for 3.2.1 only.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Thanks for the responses. I do have the flat rate option so not all is lost.

@altoid

I followed your link and read through it. Seems I may have to attempt to install that contribution.

A semi-final version has been posted to the contribution page and I will be testing it tonight in a brand new, not live yet store tonight

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have skimmed the topics/replys looking for some help to my issue, but have found none so far. So I apolgize if this has already been addressed. My website is new & I am nearing completion and would like to go live. However, I too experienced the "Library Mail" as my only option when checking out. In an attempt to "fix" this we attempted to do a "add on" that would allow us to see the other USPS options. Now I am recieving the following error message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class usps in /home/content/r/o/n/xxxx2/html/store/osc/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 16.

I cannot determine what this means or how to fix it?? Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

Amy, you need to download the latest USPS Methods module and check that ALL the changes have been made to ALL the file and check that you are uploading them to the proper places..

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com