• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lost admin access info

esm

OK, my mistake.

So I opened the admin/includes/configure.php file, made the changes, uploaded on the server, emptied the administrators table and attempted to create an administrator.

Result: 404 error message, file not found!

The answer is yes but...

It will depend on the state of your store - is it active - that is do you have customers buying, or have you customers that need transferring to a new store.

Have you add-ons that you feel you need.

At the end of the day it is always a case of can you afford to lose what you already have, but updating to 2.3.1 will solve a lot of security and php6 problems and you could import most of the essential parts of your database customer of course and products (to keep the search engines happy)

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

I understand the implications of starting a new store and I'd rather avoid it. But this whole thing with not being able to get into the store admin has been going on for too long and I need a solution. My customer (the store owner) is getting nervous. :-)

just a quick suggestion.

Do you have any other oscommerce shops?

if not install a new one and create yourself an admin account. then go to that shops database and export the admin table

now on the shop you want to fix delete the admin table and import the one from the second shop. then try login. if that doesnt work then there is something larger wrong with the store and i would recommend a start from scratch.

Alistair McCoy

Owner and CEO at Ifusion Hosting

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem, except I am not as computer smart as some of you. I have godaddy as my host. I can go into the dashboard on their website, open the htaccess password file and see the password but it is encrypted and can go into the htaccess folder and see my user name .....NOW WHAT? HELP please! I have customers ordering products from me that are discontinued and I NEED to get into my catalog!!

Jason,

Rename the .htaccess file. This will get you access to the website.

To recreate .htaccess protection, upload new .htaccess and .htpasswd_oscommerce files and then set the protection from admin>>configuration>> administrators again.

Chris

Hi Y'all,

My customer wants me to start a new shopping cart from scratch.

What would be the best method to back up the existing database?

Thanks,

Ed

Use the back up option in the shop admin

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Funnily enough I occasionally get locked out and it is something to do with the action recorder table.

Clearing that often allows me in. One day I'll work out exactly what it is.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

does any one know how to recover a lost password to there admin panel on oscommerce? please mail me if you havae any information on this tpoic. Mail .se"]james@@CNSS.se

osC paswwords are "hashed" not "encrypted" therefore they are unrecoverable.

I believe you are supposed to empty the administrators table in the DB. Then when you login after that you will be prompted for a username/password.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived