• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sign in to follow this  
fang

Product Listing with Cart Quantities

I have a client who wants the product listings to reflect the current quantities in the shopping cart. Their idea being that if someone has already added something to the cart, but wants to change it, they can change it right inside the product listing of a particular category instead of needing to go to the shopping cart.

Is there a contrib or add-on that allows this?

Thanks for any comments or help!

I have a client who wants the product listings to reflect the current quantities in the shopping cart. Their idea being that if someone has already added something to the cart, but wants to change it, they can change it right inside the product listing of a particular category instead of needing to go to the shopping cart.

Is there a contrib or add-on that allows this?

Thanks for any comments or help!

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7430

or

in includes/modules/product_listing.php

REPLACE

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

break;

}

WITH

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = tep_draw_form('buy_now' . $listing['products_id'], tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']), 'POST') . tep_draw_input_field('list_quantity', '1', 'size=2') . tep_image_submit('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</form> ';

break;

}

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7430

or

in includes/modules/product_listing.php

REPLACE

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

break;

}

WITH

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = tep_draw_form('buy_now' . $listing['products_id'], tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']), 'POST') . tep_draw_input_field('list_quantity', '1', 'size=2') . tep_image_submit('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</form> ';

break;

}

Sure, but is that going to actually show the current cart's contents in the product listing? Let's say I have a category called "colors." I pick four different colors to add to my cart (and it does). If I want to change which colors I want (or remove one of them), I need to use the cart.

What I want to see happen is the number of each color I have ordered is in the product listing itself (and therefore changeable) inside a particular category.

Thanks!