• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Drastic change in UPS calculation?

gbm

Has anyone else noticed a big change in UPS calculations since last week?

My customers are complaining and I am trying to find the problem.

I know UPS changes fuel surcharge prices daily, so that may be one of the reasons for the increase. How much of an increase are we talking about?

Jay

Has anyone else noticed a big change in UPS calculations since last week?

My customers are complaining and I am trying to find the problem.

Yes, we've noticed it, and it's a big problem. We still use the old 'UPS Choice' shipping module that uses the now ancient qcostcgi.cgi interface. The results are coming back way too high (at least it's in that direction!). I'm guessing that either UPS has discontinued support for this interface, or they've introduced a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon.

In the meantime I guess it's time to finally consider changing to one of the newer modules.

UPS discontinued support for that interface a long time ago. If it's finally stopped working, they are not likely to fix it. The UPSXML module uses the current supported interface.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I checked my module's calculations against the UPS online shipping calculator and it is calculating correctly.

The problem is that UPS has raised prices as much as $4.00 on small packages.

I am going to look into offering USPS service instead.

Edited by gbm

Good luck with that. USPS just broke their interface the first of this year, so it should keep working for a while. Maybe. Until they decide to change something without notice and you have to scramble to fix your store. This seems to happen fairly often.

regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.