• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't upload or change images for products

Shaihulud

I just installed osC 2.3.1, everything went fine, site working both front and back office. Problem is i can't change store_logo through Admin panel (works fine if i upload using ftp), i get "Warning: No image uploaded" message. When i try changing/adding images to products i get no error message, but nothing changes - images don't get uploaded. I am pretty sure is a server side problem, not osC. Any ideas what i can do?

I just installed osC 2.3.1, everything went fine, site working both front and back office. Problem is i can't change store_logo through Admin panel (works fine if i upload using ftp), i get "Warning: No image uploaded" message. When i try changing/adding images to products i get no error message, but nothing changes - images don't get uploaded. I am pretty sure is a server side problem, not osC. Any ideas what i can do?

In what format is the store logo. I had the same type of problem. Change the format from .jpg or .gif to a .png and try again. Let me know if it worked.

you can mail me from my website: www.serioussolutions.co.za

remember in most cases you would have to adjust your header height in your css file as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check the permissions on the images folder. Mine is set to 755.

My permissions are all xxx's so how do I know what they are or which ones to change? When I look in Filezilla (where I transfer files), some images say permission was 0644 and the image I'm trying to overwrite says 0777. The old image isn't on the server or on my hard drive anymore but I cannot get rid of it or overwrite it with my new image.

Archived