• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account on osCv2.3.1

aeroman012000

I am a new user of osCommerce, and have v2.3.1 installed. I want to use the Purchase Without Account add-on, and have downloaded the autoinstaller, but when I try it, I get problems with the modifications it wants to make. It can't find some of the sections of code which need to be changed (and neither can I when I search manually). Has anyone else had similar problems (and got round them)?

Thanks for any help.

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i need it also and i'm trying to get it running for 2.3.1.

in this thread kymation already helped me out with a nice suggestion to join login and create_account and to generate a random password on the fly.

alright, so far no problem, but now i still need to save customer information to perform a proper checkout. and i dont know exactly when i should delete these customer-informations from the db in the right moment. it makes sense to delete them after finishing the checkout-process, but what happens if - by coincidence - the user stops in the middle of the process and try's again later. the php-session will be destroyed and the users data (email, etc) is already saved in the db wich is a problem because you can't use or change it without the randomly generated password.

i thought maybe it should be handled like in this addon where they use a guest_account column in the customer table to store wether a user want's/has a real account or just want to purchase without. but at the moment i'm not sure if this is the right approach.

what do you think?

Why delete it? You're not keeping credit card information, just a name and address. You need to keep this information until you've shipped at the very least. You can always delete it later if you really want to.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

ok right. but there is still the problem with the email. when a customer orders something, the email is saved in the db. if the same user wants to order later again (maybe before the first order is finished) he gets this message:

Error Your E-Mail Address already exists in our records - please log in with the e-mail address or create an account with a different address.

the cusomter don't have a password, so it's not possible to login (if the session is already destroyed). - so no more orders are possible.

a possible workaround is to add a special request to the check_email_query where i ask if the customer-record in the db related to the email-adress has a value in the guest_account column..

$check_email_query = tep_db_query("
   select count(*) as total 
   from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " 
   where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "' AND guest_account <> '1'
");

with this way i could prevent the message and the user could order again. the only thing is that the same email is in two or more different orders.

but maybe that's okay..

oh yes, right. good idea! but i guess there is no need for that the way i managed it now. it seems to work, but i need some more testings.

maybe i could build a contribution with manual out of it to share? yes, that's my task for monday:)

cheers and thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new user of osCommerce, and have v2.3.1 installed. I want to use the Purchase Without Account add-on, and have downloaded the autoinstaller, but when I try it, I get problems with the modifications it wants to make. It can't find some of the sections of code which need to be changed (and neither can I when I search manually). Has anyone else had similar problems (and got round them)?

Thanks for any help.

Richard

I was able to get the Purchase Without Account (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/355/) working on a 2.3.1 site that I'm doing some testing on. There a still a few bugs to be worked out with formatting, but surprisingly there weren't many things to fix in order for it to work.

How to make PWA it work with 2.3

1. Upload pwa_autoinstaller folder to your store root :
    www.yoursite.com/catalog/pwa_autoinstaller

2. Upload a blank php page to:
    www.yoursite.com/catalog/includes/column_right.php
    (This can be blank since we will delete the file after finishing the install)

3. Now open a new browser window and navigate to:

4. Begin the install process. You will need to manually edit quite a few of the pages to add the PWA code. This should be relatively easy to do (but time consuming).

5. On the last change to the header.php file you will need to replace the following code:
     echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'cart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)) .
          tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) .     
    echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'person', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

with this code:

echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'cart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)) .
          tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
    if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) && !$order->customer['is_dummy_account']) {      
    echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'person', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));
    }

This should give you a working (minus some formatting changes) Purchase Without Account mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing the install right now and got to this step and I cannot find the code, CATEGORY_OPTIONS is not in the file, probably got replaced by another variable name. I guess I will skip for now. Did you skip it as well Patrick?

Cannot replace:

<tr>
       <td class="main"><b><?php echo CATEGORY_OPTIONS; ?></b></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">

with:

<?php
// PWA BOF
 if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) {
// PWA EOF
?>	  
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

in the 'create_account.php' file.

I was able to get the Purchase Without Account (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/355/) working on a 2.3.1 site that I'm doing some testing on. There a still a few bugs to be worked out with formatting, but surprisingly there weren't many things to fix in order for it to work.

4. Begin the install process. You will need to manually edit quite a few of the pages to add the PWA code. This should be relatively easy to do (but time consuming).

5. On the last change to the header.php file you will need to replace the following code:
          tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) .     

with this code:

tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
    if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) && !$order->customer['is_dummy_account']) {      
    }

This should give you a working (minus some formatting changes) Purchase Without Account mod.

It looks like the CATEGORY_OPTIONS variable related to the newsletter. I don't have it anywhere in my new code, so you should be able to skip it (just watch out for any extra ending brackets if you get some code errors).

Doing the install right now and got to this step and I cannot find the code, CATEGORY_OPTIONS is not in the file, probably got replaced by another variable name. I guess I will skip for now. Did you skip it as well Patrick?

Cannot replace:

<tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>

with:

<?php
// PWA BOF
 if (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) {
// PWA EOF
?>	  
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>

in the 'create_account.php' file.

• 3 months later...

with this code:

}

Can you elaborate on step #4? If we cant find the code that needs to be replaced do we just skip it? Or do we need to insert the code into the file? and if so, where does it need to be inserted? Does the code need to be edited to account for the differences between 2.2 and 2.3.1?

I can follow instructions but I'm not a programmer.

You should be able to find the code and replace or add as the steps indicate in the instructions that the setup will display. If you have specific questions along the way then post it here.

Can you elaborate on step #4? If we cant find the code that needs to be replaced do we just skip it? Or do we need to insert the code into the file? and if so, where does it need to be inserted? Does the code need to be edited to account for the differences between 2.2 and 2.3.1?

I can follow instructions but I'm not a programmer.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I hope you can help me I try to get this run but I don't know which version I should download.

so I choose the autoinstaller from 30 june 2009 but there the pwa_autoinstaller.php is only named autoinstaller.php and if i try to open (www.mysite/autoinstaller.php) I just get a white page......

:'(

• 3 weeks later...

I've kinda given up on both this contribution and "One Page Checkout." The problem is that everyone is trying to do "hack" solutions to various MS2.2 solutions to make them "fit" 2.3.1... except finding solutions this way doesn't work. It's bad programming being thrown at bad programming.

OsCommerce was hard enough to modify when everything WORKED with the default store. Now, there's a huge confusion with 2.2 v.s. 2.3.1 contributions, then the fact that we're downloading contributions that are essentially hack jobs and shortcuts.

What's needed is an osCommerce One Page Checkout WITH optional registration (admin controlled) that works with 2.3.1 as a new contribution.

I'm sketching out a solution and if I get help from this forum, I'll introduce it for free.

Sorry. Just getting sick of hacking my OWN way through half-formed 'contributions' that don't actually work with any other contribution.

Sean, A new contribution to take care of this problem would be greatly appreciated. I can't help with the code contribution but would gladly make a cash contribution to get a good solution. Thanks

Same here. My organization would be happy to donate money to an individual that can make this contribution working in 2.3.1. We've been considering hiring someone to do this for us, but that wouldn't be replicable or help the OSC community at large. Without the OSC community and their contributions, we'd never have considered OSC in the first place.

Sean, A new contribution to take care of this problem would be greatly appreciated. I can't help with the code contribution but would gladly make a cash contribution to get a good solution. Thanks

I'm already working on it for a paying client, but unfortunately, it's a flat fee project and this is an unexpected chunk of unpaid work, so cash contributions would allow me to bring in extra programming help.

The changes from either contribution include separation from the "Redmond" CSS, complete use of tableless XHTML, "Shipping different from billing address" would be surrounded by a DIV, etc. I can make the 'tables' optional, though, as switching to tableless would require modifying payment and shipping modules on per-module basis.

If anyone is serious about financial help on this, I'll be happy to release the result as a contribution and support it.

[email protected]

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution on how to generate an RMA or handle a return with a PWA purchase? I have MS2.2 so this solution may already be in place for later versions.

I'll try a thread on the RMA contribution next but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce