• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A new live store....

I turned the site live although I'm still adding product and doing a few mods on the backend.

Upcoming changes: Header graphic... Still figuring out what to put there..

Try out everything and shoot some feedback, good or bad. All/any input is a good thing. Let's me know what I need to change. :D

http://www.louisvilleoffroad.com

Thanks for any comments (yes, good AND bad :P )

Cheers,

JD

just a couple quick comments, the graphics are slow to load on a broadband connection... if english is your only offered language, I would say take the languages box out of the right column and the privacy notice, which I know is a contrib... want is spelled incorrectly, its right at the top, you should be able to spot it. There is also a little mod that makes the contact us page a little more useful, by dynamically adding the store name, address, phone number, etc. Sorry for just critiques, good luck with your store!

The bridge between someone who browses the site and someone who buys a product is the "Create Account" page. The harder it is to create an account, the more customers you'll lose. So make the Signup page simple. A potential customer who looks at that page will see fourteen blanks to be filled. You need to cut out what you don't need. "Company Name" can go. Rearrange the address part so that it conforms to U.S. standards. If you're planning on only selling to the US get rid of the "Country' drop down menu. You don't need a telephone number or a fax number. You probably won't ever need it, but if you do, you can send them an email requesting it. Delete the "Newsletter" box, especially if you're not planning on sending newsletters. If you plan on sending them, you can put the newsletter signup on another page or in a box.

So now you've got nine blanks instead of fourteen. You've reduced the account creation process by a third.

Overall, it looks pretty good.

one more note on the privacy contribution... in the paragraph about sharing the information the store receives, necessary is spelled incorrectly... site does look good though :D

Looks pretty good. When viewed at higher resolutions the header has a white block on either side. I would suggest aligning it to the left and fading the right side into the black background. Definately do some image optimizing.

Thanks Kim!

I've been trying to figure out how to fill the sides of the image with no luck. I've fiddled with the stylesheet, header, footer, default (both). I ended up setting the width to 100% in header.php and letting the stylesheet full the right side cell to black.

That's what I get for being a complete newb at HTML/PHP/MySQL/etc..... I'll figure it out eventually. :D

Cheers,

JD

I'm a prime example of why you don't allow wide area network engineers design websites..... Not a creative bone in the body....

Graphics? Whaaa? :lol:

Cheers,

JD

Thanks again Emerson.

No problem JD.

One question tho, why did you save it as bmp instead of leaving it as jpg?

By doing that you added an extra 5k to the image.

Just a thought! :)

Alright... I think I have it squared away now. I've also been going through my other images and getting them optimized a little better.

Cheers,

JD

Archived