• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error message after install

ogwinilo

After an add-on, (supplier admin area), I get the following messages when browsing as a supplier

Warning: require(fckeditor/fckeditor.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../yebocom.com/myadmin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 13

Warning: require(fckeditor/fckeditor.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/../yebocom.com/myadmin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'fckeditor/fckeditor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.../public_html/yebocom.com/myadmin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 13

What does this mean?

Regards

Felix

It means that on line 13 of <admin>/includes/functions/html_output.php, there was a require('fckeditor/fckeditor.php'); call. As a relative path was given, the PHP include_path was followed and PHP looked in <admin>/includes/functions/fckeditor/, then in /usr/lib/php/fckeditor/, and finally in /usr/local/lib/php/fckeditor/ for the file "fckeditor.php", and didn't find it in any of those places. Where exactly did you install FCKeditor? (Specifically, where in relation to .../includes/functions/ on both the catalog and admin sides?) By the way, that version is obsolete and has been replaced by CKeditor.

There's a possibility that this problem is related to the problem of includes/application_top.php being unable to require includes/configure.php, something that pops up frequently but no one has an answer for. I don't know why, if the "current" directory is already in "includes/", why the relative path also says "includes/". I suspect something has changed in PHP's definition of what is the "current directory", for the purpose of where "." in the include_path is, but everyone I've asked swears that nothing has changed.

It means that on line 13 of <admin>/includes/functions/html_output.php, there was a require('fckeditor/fckeditor.php'); call. As a relative path was given, the PHP include_path was followed and PHP looked in <admin>/includes/functions/fckeditor/, then in /usr/lib/php/fckeditor/, and finally in /usr/local/lib/php/fckeditor/ for the file "fckeditor.php", and didn't find it in any of those places. Where exactly did you install FCKeditor? (Specifically, where in relation to .../includes/functions/ on both the catalog and admin sides?) By the way, that version is obsolete and has been replaced by CKeditor.

There's a possibility that this problem is related to the problem of includes/application_top.php being unable to require includes/configure.php, something that pops up frequently but no one has an answer for. I don't know why, if the "current" directory is already in "includes/", why the relative path also says "includes/". I suspect something has changed in PHP's definition of what is the "current directory", for the purpose of where "." in the include_path is, but everyone I've asked swears that nothing has changed.

realpath( '.' ) doesn't work ( supply the expected results ) on some servers so perhaps suggests the same problem?

I'm tending to fall back on ..

realpath( dirname( __FILE__ ) )

Or to go back a directory level ..

realpath( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/../' )

And thereby ignoring osCommerce settings as this way I seem to get no issues.

Although I suppose arbitrary use of realpath could polute the realpath cache.

Archived