• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Loop to Login Page

Hi Everyone,

After searching countless threads and not finding an actual solution, I decided to see if anyone else has had this problem:

Customer finds a virtual product in the catalog, adds it to the cart and proceeds to checkout. They are presented with the shopping_cart.php page and the -OR- Pay with PayPal express Button. If they click the PayPal Express Button, the page goes to the login.php page, when in fact it should go to PayPal.

This site is a download only site running RC2a and MANY other modifications, but nothing that would likely change the checkout process.

I am open to any suggestions ...........thanks

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris

I am experiencing a similar problem : my costumers get directed to Paypal but, while on the site, when it's time to enter their credit card details, it brings them back to the login page.

I was wondering whether you had identified a solution to your problem, and whether it could help me.

Many thanks !

Florence

Hi Florence,

In my case, I found that it was the Security Pro contribution that was not allowing the PayPal Express button to exit my site. In your case, I have no idea why it would redirect back, but you may want to check your PayPal API credentials.

Chris

thanks Chris

I have uninstalled and installed again Paypal, renewed the API credentials, to no avail.

it turns out I installed Security Pro very recently (and since my shop is not very active, it's not suprising I just encounter the problem now !). I turned it off but the problem remains.

I contacted Paypal and here is their response

There you are describing means that Either the return url is not properly set correctly in the SetExpressCheckout API or that the return page is not processing the return data correctly to continue with the payment.

You will first want to log and check the SetExpressCheckout API request and the url is being set and set correctly. If not you will need to replace it with the correct path for the return. If it is set correctly you will want to check the server logs associated with the return page to see what it is doing at the point of return to your site.

I admit I have no idea where these setting are sitting. I checked for any hacking of the files, but everythings seems OK...

can you help a little more ? thank you :-)

• 1 month later...

thanks Chris

I have uninstalled and installed again Paypal, renewed the API credentials, to no avail.

it turns out I installed Security Pro very recently (and since my shop is not very active, it's not suprising I just encounter the problem now !). I turned it off but the problem remains.

I contacted Paypal and here is their response

I admit I have no idea where these setting are sitting. I checked for any hacking of the files, but everythings seems OK...

can you help a little more ? thank you :-)

These settings are on the PayPal site under the merchant's profile.

Good luck.