• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First it was by iskorpitx ! then by some chinese hacker! Please Help

gregory123456

I bought an OCommerce template site from templatemonster and with some modifications, I tried using it for a different purpose. I was not at all concerned about the security but unexpectedly site was hacked by iskorpitx within one week. Hoping that this wont repeat, I just put better passwords for admin page and reloaded the site. But again within a few weeks site was again hacked by some chinese hacker!!

After a bit googling I found out the thread "How to secure your osCommerce 2.2 site". Im a php noob still I managed to implement most of the measures specified there. Now I have uploaded my site at http://testing[dot]techie-blogger[dot]com/

I couldn upload the same .htaccess thread specified in the same sticky thread but it was giving Error 505 when trying to access the site , so I removed it now.Im totally confused why Im not able to put the htaccess file.

I hope someone here can please give a look with it and help me if I have still left any holes!! Also my original host is web.com and Im also not sure if that is their fault!!

Some please give some light into this!I dont want to bear another attack and I hope the experts here could do some help.

just puttinf down the measure I have taken

1. Renamed admin folder

2.Permissions are automatically set correct and I think I dont need to change it.

3,Security Pro installed

4.Ip trap also added

Merry Christmas to all

Archived