• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help Installing and Using Easy Populate

vibewireless

I am completely new to both OSCommerce and what it takes to create a site.

It has been suggested I use Easy Populate to import and create products, categories, etc, etc.

however, i have no clue how to even start. I have the easypopulate.php file and am reading through the information within the file. However, it's all foreign to me.

Is there a step by step tutorial out there anywhere that helps you start and finish the installation and utilization of the add on?

I see a fair number of gripes, groans, and troubleshooting posts but nothing to the extent of "here's the file, here's what you do with it to get it to work, and here's how you use it". If that doesn't exist, then it should for beginners such as myself.

Bobby,

The Easy Populate contribution comes complete with installation instructions. Step by Step instructions on how to install the contribution. Once installed, there is a USERS MANUAL on the top left corner of the page on how to use Easy Populate. As far as contributions go, that's more than average documentation.

So, give it a try, if you have questions......just ask us.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby,

The Easy Populate contribution comes complete with installation instructions. Step by Step instructions on how to install the contribution. Once installed, there is a USERS MANUAL on the top left corner of the page on how to use Easy Populate. As far as contributions go, that's more than average documentation.

So, give it a try, if you have questions......just ask us.

Chris

My folders do not match the the structure the instruction show.

Thanks in Advance!

Dave

Costtamer.com

Find your administration directory and you will need to put easypopulate.php in there then there are other files that need to to be placed in directories relative to the admin ditectory.

Then you actually have to read and follow/make changes as directed in the documentation.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Find your administration directory and you will need to put easypopulate.php in there then there are other files that need to to be placed in directories relative to the admin ditectory.

Then you actually have to read and follow/make changes as directed in the documentation.

HTH

G

I followed the directions in the download for EasyPopulate 2.72. I added the files to the required folders/directories. I updated the $tempdir in easypopulate.php based upon my folder structure.

I signed into oscom admin and the link to easy populate appears properly under the "Catlog" link.

However, when i click the lin for Easy Populate, the error below is displayed in the browser.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/content/2/7262768/html/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 659

Line 659 in this file is:

echo FILENAME ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

did i do something wrong..?

Resolved. Albeit in French, I found someone with the same problem here. http://www.oscommerce-fr.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=42460

Original file on line 659 from the download is:

echo FILENAME  ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

Resolved line is now:

echo FILENAME . ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

A simple syntax error.

" . " needed to follow "FILENAME"

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

yes i would appreciate this as well. Im trying to use latest version and it seems to be updating all my prices incorrectly then doing nothing with decsriptions and the like