as i mention in the buildfedexdata.php code

<?php

/*

This program is released under the GPL, version 2.0 or greater

Copyright Tim Wasson 2002

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

Hi all...

Great contribution... thanks for the work... I'm new here... I've recently purchased a site running OSC, and I'm now getting it all up to date. Besides running an old version of this contrib, it was setup for the wrong zip zones too.

So I've done the latest version install, and gotten my zone locator file setup and uploaded... Unfortunately when I run buildfedexdata.php I'm getting the "ACCESS DENIED" forbiden.php page.

The account I'm logged in under should have access to everything as far as I know... any ideas on how to get this working would be hugely apprecaited...

Thanks,

AlexJ

Hi all...

Great contribution... thanks for the work... I'm new here... I've recently purchased a site running OSC, and I'm now getting it all up to date. Besides running an old version of this contrib, it was setup for the wrong zip zones too.

So I've done the latest version install, and gotten my zone locator file setup and uploaded... Unfortunately when I run buildfedexdata.php I'm getting the "ACCESS DENIED" forbiden.php page.

The account I'm logged in under should have access to everything as far as I know... any ideas on how to get this working would be hugely apprecaited...

Thanks,

AlexJ

I believe you are using the loaded version of OSC or have installed with access contribution. You must allow it in file access page...Goto Admin Page, Under "Administration", "File Access"...add the buildfedexdata.php in the dropdown box.

- The Jackal

where do i get the file " application_top.php' "

as i mention in the buildfedexdata.php code

<?php

/*

This program is released under the GPL, version 2.0 or greater

Copyright Tim Wasson 2002

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

Application_top.php is a default file in OSC. It loads all the variables, modules etc.

Sorry..I misword it...it doesn't create database...it just creates and loads the tables automatically.

- The Jackal

Thanks... !!!!!

That did the trick... Sadly... this is not all the help I need...

When I go to Modules -> Shipping, then FedEx Zipcode Zone Rates to configure, I see the 15 configuration boxes, but only the first 2 of them have headings and descriptions. I tried doing the settings (using the key in the install directions) but they would not save. Needless to say, the FedEx options are not showing up at checkout right now either....

Thanks in advance for your advice,

AlexJ

Thanks... !!!!!

That did the trick... Sadly... this is not all the help I need...

When I go to Modules -> Shipping, then FedEx Zipcode Zone Rates to configure, I see the 15 configuration boxes, but only the first 2 of them have headings and descriptions. I tried doing the settings (using the key in the install directions) but they would not save. Needless to say, the FedEx options are not showing up at checkout right now either....

Thanks in advance for your advice,

AlexJ

Hi,

You probably have old settings. Try refreshing the module in admin. Goto Admin, Modules, Shipping, choose FedEx Zipcode, do an uninstall. Then install.

- The Jackal

Hi,

You probably have old settings. Try refreshing the module in admin. Goto Admin, Modules, Shipping, choose FedEx Zipcode, do an uninstall. Then install.

Thanks again... You sure know your stuff...

I'm all set and working correctly now, thank you....!

AlexJ

• 2 months later...

Thanks,

But now i get this error below

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/agwayct/public_html/catalog/admin/buildfedexdata.php on line 8

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/agwayct/public_html/catalog/admin/buildfedexdata.php on line 8

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/agwayct/public_html/catalog/admin/buildfedexdata.php on line 8

• 2 weeks later...

The whole package seemed to install without a hitch for me... no errors.

When I test it, however, in checkout, under the shipping method, it says-

"Could not find a zone for the given Zip Code"

I've tried changing the shipping to a few different zips around the US, and still get the same?

Thanks for the help!

The whole package seemed to install without a hitch for me... no errors.

When I test it, however, in checkout, under the shipping method, it says-

"Could not find a zone for the given Zip Code"

I've tried changing the shipping to a few different zips around the US, and still get the same?

Thanks for the help!

I haven't encountered this before, but i suspect your data is not correct. Backup your files and try the buildfedexdata.php with the default files and see you get any error. If you don't, then your data files are not edited correctly.

- The Jackal

Hi,

Thanks for the wonderful module, it seems to be working fine at my side. My company is using Freight Services, ie shipping mostly product above 150lb. My question is:

1. I'm using the rate table as self-maintained, no plan to update with Fedex data in the future. I'm assigning UNIT rate to each zone by manual calculations.

2. For the above matter, where should I customize if I'm going to set the calculation to SHIPPING WEIGHT X SHIPPING RATE?

• 3 weeks later...
I install the package correctly, I hope.. the Fedex Ground rate is missing. it is not commented out, the other rates are showing, Fedex Home.. 2nd day air.. etc.

This is correct. Home delivery and Ground are mutually exclusive. Ground delivery is for commercial addresses and Home delivery is for residential addresses. How the system determines whether it is a commercial or residential address is by looking at the 'Company' field in the delivery address. If it is filled in, the Ground rates will show. Otherwise, Home Delivery will show.

- The Jackal

Where should I customize if I'm going to set the calculation to SHIPPING WEIGHT X SHIPPING RATE?

Open fedexzipzones.php and customize your own formula to $cost between the following codes

//*****FedEx Rate Calculations****

$methods[] = array(
			'id' => $aquote['shiptype_id'],
			'title' => $title,
			'cost' => $cost);

- The Jackal

Open fedexzipzones.php and customize your own formula to $cost between the following codes

//*****FedEx Rate Calculations****

$methods[] = array(
			'id' => $aquote['shiptype_id'],
			'title' => $title,
			'cost' => $cost);

Thanks a lot Jackal, that sounds great to me. As I'm using the module, I noticed that there's some inaccuracy for the program to read the tables.

For example, for Second Day Shipping, customer purchased an item weight 20lb, zone 3, but it returns the rate for 34lb, zone 3. It always correct for the zone, but not the weight. Has anyone encounters the same problem?

Thanks a lot Jackal, that sounds great to me. As I'm using the module, I noticed that there's some inaccuracy for the program to read the tables.

For example, for Second Day Shipping, customer purchased an item weight 20lb, zone 3, but it returns the rate for 34lb, zone 3. It always correct for the zone, but not the weight. Has anyone encounters the same problem?

Please ensure that your tare weight settings, fuel surcharges and handling fee are all zero. In my test, they always pick up the right value.

- The Jackal

Please ensure that your tare weight settings, fuel surcharges and handling fee are all zero. In my test, they always pick up the right value.

Thanks a million Jackal! That really solved the problem, I did actually set some value to my package tare weight, hope the rest won't repeat my mistake. :D

I am getting a lot of ,,,,,,,,, after each method of shipping, and 0,0,0,0,0 after home delivery. like this:

Ground Service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, $5.28

Home Delivery,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 $7.38

Express Saver - 3 days,,,,,,, $9.84

2nd Day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, $12.48

Standard Overnight - by 3PM,,,,,,,,,,,,, $21.30

it this normal? or am I doing something wrong?

I am getting a lot of ,,,,,,,,, after each method of shipping, and 0,0,0,0,0 after home delivery. like this:

I'm also getting these, one trick is just to delete it from database, look for Fedex_zone_rates_shiptype table or something like that, and make the changes will do. :lol:

Open the csv files and remove all the commas from the top line

From

e.g. Ground Service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

To

e.g. Ground Service

Then run buildfedexdata.php again. This will solve it.

By the way, the commas are there because you probably used excel to edit the data and save as csv.

- The Jackal

You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I'm still new to all this.

But when I called FedEx just to get some ideas about shipping, rates, etc... I found out that they have a script program of sorts that you can incorporate into your site that is supposed to calculate shipping cost.

Was I mis-informed or does it not work with osCommerce?

:blush:

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I'm still new to all this.

But when I called FedEx just to get some ideas about shipping, rates, etc... I found out that they have a script program of sorts that you can incorporate into your site that is supposed to calculate shipping cost.

Was I mis-informed or does it not work with osCommerce?

:blush:

You are right about FedEx having script programs etc. In fact, there's a contribution call FedEx Real Time Quotes that uses the script.

However, as documented in the readme.html for this contribution, it is slower, is 100% reliant on FedEx web server running and requires cURL installed. The FedEx ZipZones contribution solves all these 3 problems. That's whats so great about OSCommerce...you get the freedom to choose.

- The Jackal