• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fedex Zone Contrib version 2.0 ready

wasson65

Great Contrib! I have a couple of quick questions I hope someone can answer:

1) Should the Max Package Weight under Configuration --> Shipping/Packaging be set to 150 since the FedEx limit is 150?

2) I have noticed that if you mess with the Max Package Weight limit it will change the price of the items at checkout if it is a "heavy" order. What influence does the Max Package Weight have on the price? Should it remain the same as long as it doesn't exceed the MPW?

TIA!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Contrib! I have a couple of quick questions I hope someone can answer:

1) Should the Max Package Weight under Configuration --> Shipping/Packaging be set to 150 since the FedEx limit is 150?

2) I have noticed that if you mess with the Max Package Weight limit it will change the price of the items at checkout if it is a "heavy" order. What influence does the Max Package Weight have on the price? Should it remain the same as long as it doesn't exceed the MPW?

TIA!

Yes, the Max weight should be set to 150 under normal circumstances. It will influence the shipping obviously.

Example:

Package_a: 20 lb

Package_b: 30 lb

Tare weight: 1 lb

If Max weight = 150lb, then it is a single package of 51lb. (20 + 30 + 1)

If Max weight = 40lb, then it will ship as 2 packages of 21lb and 31lb....which should be more expensive.

Hope this helps.

- The Jackal

Yes, the Max weight should be set to 150 under normal circumstances. It will influence the shipping obviously.

Example:

Package_a: 20 lb

Package_b: 30 lb

Tare weight: 1 lb

If Max weight = 150lb, then it is a single package of 51lb. (20 + 30 + 1)

If Max weight = 40lb, then it will ship as 2 packages of 21lb and 31lb....which should be more expensive.

Hope this helps.

That makes sense. Thank you. One more quick question and then I'll leave you alone... How does the store owner know when to ship as one package or two packages or more?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have installed this contribution and it SORT OF works. I have narrowed it down to one thing wrong:

The buildfedexdata.php is not running all of the files I want it to run. My section looks like this:

ImportRateFile("fedex_local/2006_FedEx_RatesBySvc_ES.csv",7);

ImportRateFile("fedex_local/2006_FedEx_RatesBySvc_FO.csv",11);

ImportRateFile("fedex_local/2006_FedEx_RatesBySvc_SO.csv",13);

ImportRateFile("fedex_local/2006_FedEx_RatesBySvc_PO.csv",15);

ImportRateFile("fedex_local/2006_FedEx_RatesBySvc_2Day.csv",15);

ImportRateFile("fedex_local/2006_FedEx_US-HomeDelivery.csv",15);

ImportRateFile("fedex_local/2006_FedEx_US-Ground.csv",18);

However, it ONLY imports the first two, and that's it. I did notice that if I put the 2DAY.csv first it will ONLY do that one and no others. I have tried various combinations to get them to all play correctly with each other but they won't. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Is there a way I can fix this, or as a work around, is there a way I can manually run these one by one by one? I'm fine with populating them one at a time too as long as I can get them to populate correctly.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I've installed removed and reinstalled FedEx Zones v3.1 three times and checked all my code and the Zone_Locator.txt several times...but the Fedex option does not display on the checkout_shipping.php. I tried numerous different display order options. I have my maximum weight set to 150.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong or what I can do to fix this?

Thanks TONS to anyone who can help!

The buildfedexdata.php is not running all of the files I want it to run. My section looks like this:

However, it ONLY imports the first two, and that's it. I did notice that if I put the 2DAY.csv first it will ONLY do that one and no others. I have tried various combinations to get them to all play correctly with each other but they won't. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Is there a way I can fix this, or as a work around, is there a way I can manually run these one by one by one? I'm fine with populating them one at a time too as long as I can get them to populate correctly.

What kind of server are you on? I just ran into this problem on what I believe is a non-Linux server (Windows? Not sure).

I got around it this way:

1 - Ran admin/buildfedexdata.php once.

2 - Commented out lines 13-56 where it drops & recreates tables each time the file is run.

3 - in lines 68-76, commented out all the lines but one

4 - ran admin/buildfedexdata.php

5 - back to lines 68-76, commented out the line that just ran, uncommented one other

6 - ran admin/buildfedexdata.php

repeat steps 5 & 6 until I got all the rates I wanted. (Although actually I still couldn't get Ground or Home Delivery to work.)

HTH.

I've installed removed and reinstalled FedEx Zones v3.1 three times and checked all my code and the Zone_Locator.txt several times...but the Fedex option does not display on the checkout_shipping.php. I tried numerous different display order options. I have my maximum weight set to 150.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong or what I can do to fix this?

Thanks TONS to anyone who can help!

Probably a silly question, but did you set it to "true" in the admin area under Modules & Shipping?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
What kind of server are you on? I just ran into this problem on what I believe is a non-Linux server (Windows? Not sure).

HTH.

Hello... and sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but how exactly do I RUN admin/buildfedexdata.php in the SQL?

I have ran other code in SQL, but this one has me stumped. :blush:

Do I enter it as admin/buildfedexdata.php in the query box, or do I need to copy a certain section of code from the buildfedexdata.php file?

I have tried it both ways and it tells me there is a punctuation error on line 1.

I am probably going about this all wrong! Can someone be so kind and explain the step(s)? :blink:

Thank you in advance.

Elli

Hello... and sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but how exactly do I RUN admin/buildfedexdata.php in the SQL?

I have ran other code in SQL, but this one has me stumped. :blush:

Do I enter it as admin/buildfedexdata.php in the query box, or do I need to copy a certain section of code from the buildfedexdata.php file?

I have tried it both ways and it tells me there is a punctuation error on line 1.

I am probably going about this all wrong! Can someone be so kind and explain the step(s)? :blink:

Thank you in advance.

Elli

I found the answer on the previous page from The Jackal (thanks muchly), just didn't search long enough before asking. Sorry!

run it in the browser: e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/admin/buildfedexdata.php

Elli

• 1 month later...
This is correct. Home delivery and Ground are mutually exclusive. Ground delivery is for commercial addresses and Home delivery is for residential addresses. How the system determines whether it is a commercial or residential address is by looking at the 'Company' field in the delivery address. If it is filled in, the Ground rates will show. Otherwise, Home Delivery will show.

thanks... THIS HELPED ME OUT BIGTIME...

simple answer... for a question that was driving me crazy...!!

thanx

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I have installed this contribution and it SORT OF works. I have narrowed it down to one thing wrong:

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

I ran into this exact same problem and finally thought to take a look at my Apache logs. Turns out that there was an error:

"PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded"

After poking around online, I found a variable to change in my PHP.ini file:

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

I set this to:

"max_execution_time = 300"

I also increased the line below it, to see what would happen:

"max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data"

I changed this to 600 and reran the import and it all went flawlessly.

This is a great script, but it would be nice for those somewhat new to PHP if you were to include some sort of indicator that the script timed out or ran successfully and what it did. Even when it runs properly, you just get a screen full of code and no indication that you're good to go.

Hope this helps someone else.

I ran into this exact same problem and finally thought to take a look at my Apache logs. Turns out that there was an error:

"PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded"

After poking around online, I found a variable to change in my PHP.ini file:

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

I set this to:

"max_execution_time = 300"

I also increased the line below it, to see what would happen:

"max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data"

I changed this to 600 and reran the import and it all went flawlessly.

This is a great script, but it would be nice for those somewhat new to PHP if you were to include some sort of indicator that the script timed out or ran successfully and what it did. Even when it runs properly, you just get a screen full of code and no indication that you're good to go.

Hope this helps someone else.

Hello, this is my first time posting...and my first time trying to install fedex rates. I have put all the file where I believe they are supposed to go according to the instructions...and still when I try to run buildfedexdata.php file by typing in http://www.mydomainname/catalog/admin/buildfedexdata.php...i get this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.kirbystoyland.com Port 80

I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong...I mean...I have uploaded file before...and I have double checked everything and started from scratch twice uploading the files just in case I was putting something in the wrong file. If anyone can help...it would greatly appreciated...when you do help...please give detailed instructions....please do not assume I already know how to run this or that...because most likely I don't. I am totally a newbie...or at least I am starting to feel that way. 8 years of building websites...and I can't figure fedex out???

Edited by jdice

Hello, this is my first time posting...and my first time trying to install fedex rates. I have put all the file where I believe they are supposed to go according to the instructions...and still when I try to run buildfedexdata.php file by typing in http://www.mydomainname/catalog/admin/buildfedexdata.php...i get this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.kirbystoyland.com Port 80

I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong...I mean...I have uploaded file before...and I have double checked everything and started from scratch twice uploading the files just in case I was putting something in the wrong file. If anyone can help...it would greatly appreciated...when you do help...please give detailed instructions....please do not assume I already know how to run this or that...because most likely I don't. I am totally a newbie...or at least I am starting to feel that way. 8 years of building websites...and I can't figure fedex out???

Okay......I have an apache server.....I went to my error log in cpanel and found out it said the reason for the error was:

error: file is writable by others:(and then it gave the name of the file).

Turns out it was more of a permissions problem....for those unfamiliar with permission problems....here is link to explain them:

http://www.servplus.net/tutorials/cpanel/c...ermissions.html

....turns out everytime you load a new file...it has permissions that apache will not accept...so you have to change it....I went into my cpanel to all the new files I loaded for fedexshipping and changed the permissions to 755. Again if you don't understand....go to the link above. After I did make the following changes...fedex shipping finally started showing up in my shipping modules like it is supposed.

However, I have a new problem...when I go to test it...during checkout....I click ADDTOCART...and then I click CHECKOUT...it goes to a page cannot be displayed page. Do I need to enable something to make it go to paypal? Or do I have files in the wrong place?

Any help...greatly appreciated....

Okay......I have an apache server.....I went to my error log in cpanel and found out it said the reason for the error was:

error: file is writable by others:(and then it gave the name of the file).

Turns out it was more of a permissions problem....for those unfamiliar with permission problems....here is link to explain them:

http://www.servplus.net/tutorials/cpanel/c...ermissions.html

....turns out everytime you load a new file...it has permissions that apache will not accept...so you have to change it....I went into my cpanel to all the new files I loaded for fedexshipping and changed the permissions to 755. Again if you don't understand....go to the link above. After I did make the following changes...fedex shipping finally started showing up in my shipping modules like it is supposed.

However, I have a new problem...when I go to test it...during checkout....I click ADDTOCART...and then I click CHECKOUT...it goes to a page cannot be displayed page. Do I need to enable something to make it go to paypal? Or do I have files in the wrong place?

Any help...greatly appreciated....

Sooo...I have everything fixed now. I posting my findings just in case someone else gets stuck as I have. Since this is new site I was building, my site was already set to be SSL enabled...however I do not have a SSL certificate and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. For those of you who don't know SSL...it is a security measure site owners use to protect their customers information. However, since my customers pay through paypal and that has its own secure server. This is my own personal view. I encourage everyone to make their decision.

So what I had to do...to make my login button, checkout button workable was disable my SSL. I did this by going into my catalog/includes/configure.php file and change ENABLE SSL to false. I have included the forum pages I visited to help me make my own decision, understand SSL and do this process below:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...+login+problems

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...;hl=disable+ssl

It is very easy to do...

PS...when I went to change my ENABLE SSL to false....I had to go to cpanel...and change my permissions to 755. And then I made the change to false. And then I went back...and changed the permission back to what they were. The system is preset to block WRITE changes on this particular file. So you have to change the permissions...so you can change ENABLE SSL to false.

Best of luck to everyone.... :)

• 2 months later...
I get the following message when I click on the Shipping link under Modules on my admin page:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fedexzipzones in /home/audiovi1/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/fedexzipzones.php on line 6

Any ideas?

Nevermind. Figured it out.

• 1 month later...

I have set up my website and succesfully set my shiipmg to charge - Shipping $3.95 first item, $7.95 each additional item.

I want to offer Next day Air with the same method but with hire shipping cots.

I would alo like to do this with Prority as well.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Can it even be done?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have just uploaded the 2008 rate tables in v3.1.1. The rates have been heavily revised upwards from the previous 2006 tables. Highly recommend that you run the upgrade. Goto the contribution at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/490 to get it. The install html file is also updated with the new fuel surcharge link location.

It's very simple to upgrade for existing users:

- Backup your database

- Copy catalog/admin/buildfedexdata.php

- Copy all the csvs from catalog/admin/fedex_local/

- Run catalog/admin/buildfedexdata.php

That's it.

- The Jackal

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

Can someone please help me with FedEx Zones 3.1.1? My problem is that the shipping calculations are not accurate based on my origin zip code.

For instance, if I input a test customer in say California, their ship costs should be higher than a customer in New York. My store is on the East Coast, mid-Atlantic region. I have the zip code of the store set in the Admin panel (under the "Configuration" tab).

It appears as if the FedEx Zones mod thinks that my store is in CA or something.

Can someone tell me where to look for the origin zip code? I don't understand how this mod determines your origin zip.

Thanks. :)

RC

• 2 months later...

2 - Commented out lines 13-56 where it drops & recreates tables each time the file is run.

3 - in lines 68-76, commented out all the lines but one

4 - ran admin/buildfedexdata.php

5 - back to lines 68-76, commented out the line that just ran, uncommented one other

6 - ran admin/buildfedexdata.php

repeat steps 5 & 6 until I got all the rates I wanted. (Although actually I still couldn't get Ground or Home Delivery to work.)

HTH.

I ran into the same problem using WAMPserver on Windows XP for my local testing environment. It kept timing out when trying to run the whole thing and had to do as you suggested. Perhaps for a future version there could be either standard sql statements to run or break the buildfedexdata.php into several executions so the time out issue isn't a problem. I haven't tried this on my live server, but not everyone has access to change their PHP timeout settings so I think it would be a helpful change.

I'm running into an issue with the Max weight if set to 150lbs when the shopping cart total weight exceeds the 150lbs. I've seen this mentioned in the thread before but never an answer.

I have max weight set to 150lb and modules set to Bundle Packages=False

(for testing purposes I also have tare weight=0 and all surcharges=0)

However, if my cart contains 3 items at 70lbs (for example) a total weight of 210lbs, the rate that is coming back seems to be returning a rate equivalent to splitting the 70lbs into 3 packages (ie.23.3lbs) not 3 x the 70lb rate.

If I change the Max Weight to 1000lbs, the rate for 3 pkgs at 70lbs calculates properly.

Any clue as to why this might be happening?

Edited by gwynwyffar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We ship from NY and have to charge tax on items shipping to customers in NY. Shipping on the taxable items is taxable as well, but this module does not appear to have the ability to make the shipping part of the Taxable items, so my order total is only showing tax on the items, not the shipping. Is there a way to fix this?