• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I use different paypal accounts to accept different currencies?

sormui

Cherry,

It won't make any difference. PayPal will allow you to receive payments in many currencies, however the will only transfer money to your bank account in the currency of your country.

I have emailed PayPal many times about this because I have a CDN and USD bank account, but they ALWAYS convert it to CDN before I withdraw from my PayPal account.

The reason ???? Because they always convert it to CDN at 3% below the exchange rate, making them more money ! PayPal's reply is. " It is our Policy " which I translated to " We are stealing more money from you "

Chris

Chris,

Yes, I know because I also spoke to Paypal for the same issue and got the same reply. But if I have my partner set up a bank account in US, then the payments don't need to be converted to CAD while transferring to the USD bank account. So is it possible to set up in admin for different currency payments go to different paypal accounts? If yes, how? Thanks in advance.

-Cherry

Cherry,

It won't make any difference. PayPal will allow you to receive payments in many currencies, however the will only transfer money to your bank account in the currency of your country.

I have emailed PayPal many times about this because I have a CDN and USD bank account, but they ALWAYS convert it to CDN before I withdraw from my PayPal account.

The reason ???? Because they always convert it to CDN at 3% below the exchange rate, making them more money ! PayPal's reply is. " It is our Policy " which I translated to " We are stealing more money from you "

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help please?

Chris,

Yes, I know because I also spoke to Paypal for the same issue and got the same reply. But if I have my partner set up a bank account in US, then the payments don't need to be converted to CAD while transferring to the USD bank account. So is it possible to set up in admin for different currency payments go to different paypal accounts? If yes, how? Thanks in advance.

-Cherry

Cherry,

The only way to do this that I can think of, is have a landing page and two stores. One for US Customers, one for Canadian Customers. The landing page would direct them to the store in their country. It's just a thought, but someone may have another solution for you.

PS.. I tried to open a US bank account, but was denied because I did not have a US mailing address.

Chris

• 4 years later...

Yes you can live in canada and have the money go into your paypal in US$ !

Under "My Store".. Just fool it by entering your home country as the USA and enter a zone as a state.   ( you don't have to actually live there.)

Also under "Localization "   set the default currency as US$

You may have to redo the shipping prices, because now it thinks your in the USA. 

You don't have to change the "Store Address and phone" so you can leave it in Canada