• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding to orders total amount

andy_1984

as i have said before i am creating an online shop to sell my companies printing services, the shop sells business cards, letterheads, posters, etc etc.

i have coded oscommerce to have the ability to request a design brief or upload artwork to be printed on to each product i have done this by giving the option to upload or let us design it(design brief)

the "let us design it" option is a chargeable service we provide so i have created a form and have all the information submitted to the database to then be reviewed in the admin section with a field to submit a quote to the customer for this "let us design it" option which they can either accept or reject. if they accept the quote they can then proceed to check out and purchase the products all the way thgrough the checkout procedure i have been able to display "Design Fee - £55" under each product and completely understandable to the customer exactly what they are paying for i have even updated the sub_totals and invoices to reflect everything.

i am however stuck with the final checkout procedure i hope some can help to point me in the right direction of way of information how to handle this step as i understand its very important its done correctly.

1. how do i add my design fees to orders total ?

2. i will be using papal to handle my payments how does oscommerce handle this part and pass on the orders total with design fees included

ok ive kinda figured it out. just having some little issues.

in ot_total.php i can use

$order->info['total'] += "45";

after

function process() {
     global $order, $currencies;

this was to test it but my design fees are based on quotes. so from checkout_confirmation.php i have tallied all the customers design quotes in to

$order->info['design_fee'] =  $design_subtotal;

this works on checkout_confirmation.php and will display what is in $order->info['design_fee']

but in ot_total.php the design fee is not being picked up using the array.

in ot_totals i replaced my test "45" with

$order->info['total'] += $order->info['design_fee'];

anyone know why ?

Archived