• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

database switchover after update help needed

sackling

I am on the verge of completing a complete overhaul on my site.

There have been many database updates to support various new features I have implemented onto the new site.

My old site however has been active this entire time, which means there are new customers and new orders (I think that's it) that are new from the database I have been working on.

What is the best way to merge these 2 databases? Presumably Just update the new database with the customer table, order table from the old database?

Is there a better procedure that most people use in the future. Obviously both databases will be excessively backed up..

I am on the verge of completing a complete overhaul on my site.

There have been many database updates to support various new features I have implemented onto the new site.

My old site however has been active this entire time, which means there are new customers and new orders (I think that's it) that are new from the database I have been working on.

What is the best way to merge these 2 databases? Presumably Just update the new database with the customer table, order table from the old database?

Is there a better procedure that most people use in the future. Obviously both databases will be excessively backed up..

Why not use your existing database as is with your new file set? You don't say if the actual structure is different between old and new.

Robert,

You can import the necessary data into the new tables. You may need to alter the data some, but you should have little trouble.

Chris

Archived