• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my store

Hi all,

I am new to the osCommerce Community and learning every day but at this point I would like some constructive help by looking over my site and give me some feedback, I like things simple looking and clean.

http://www.lingerieofhollywood.com

Problems that I know of and have not figured out how to fix them is centering product photos, Purchase Without Account is not working,return button is not on all pages including the shopping cart. I have tired but just not working out.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing.

Michael

Michael,

Sorry, I tried to look at your site, reloaded it several times but gave up after 5 minutes of waiting for it to load. Perhaps I will try again later.

Chris

Michael,

Sorry, I tried to look at your site, reloaded it several times but gave up after 5 minutes of waiting for it to load. Perhaps I will try again later.

Chris

Yes server was down for 2 hrs everything is up now.

Your admin is a hack just waiting to happen.

:o

Visit the link below:

How to Secure Your Site

Pay close attention to "SECURING THE ADMIN" - Yours is vulnerable.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, nice design!

You seem to have issues with the SEO Addon you chose...

What about your security?

Its a pitty that a well designed site like yours looks unfinished and vulnerable!

Providing Ecommerce & CRM Solutions since 1995

Vote my post up if you found it usefull

Hey, nice design!

You seem to have issues with the SEO Addon you chose...

What about your security?

Its a pitty that a well designed site like yours looks unfinished and vulnerable!

You are kidding right ? Were you able to access the site ? Were you able to get past the security in place ? Have you tried the known vulnerabilities ? Do you have ANY idea what you are talking about ? Seriously ?

Your statement is unfounded and could only be a ploy to get a response from the OP to inquire about your services. :blink:

Chris

You are kidding right ? Were you able to access the site ? Were you able to get past the security in place ? Have you tried the known vulnerabilities ? Do you have ANY idea what you are talking about ? Seriously ?

Your statement is unfounded and could only be a ploy to get a response from the OP to inquire about your services. :blink:

Chris

Dear Chris; For your knowledge, im free to comment what i think... The site SEO was not implemented completely. You should try to load a bogus Admin with the known hack, and you will see if i know what i am talking about or not. Take that for unfounded... Regarding your "ploy" comment... come on... GROW UP

Providing Ecommerce & CRM Solutions since 1995

Vote my post up if you found it usefull

Procommerce,

It is OBVIOUS you have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you should stick to just reading some of the threads to learn a little more before commenting.

The Site above, is secured. I did it myself ! There is NO "admin" directory, all patches have been applied and the site now has the necessary security contributions. I even updated it to be PHP 5.3 compliant.

So, before you make comments you REALLY should know what your talking about.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

SantiagoLLC,

Sorry but the site does not do much for me. You have the building blocks in place to make it a fairly decent site. The fixed width is there and so is the pink colour format but the logo looks rather amateur and there is no need to have credit card/papyal acceptance images in the header either. The phone number is far too big for where you placed it and the search bar could easily go above the category box.

You should consider adding a background image or at leasy some colour to the footer because it looks untidy. Judging by cart header, the header navigation pink image and the cart/continue/details buttons it looks like your site may have started out life as a template from somewhere like monstertemplates and whether that is the case or not you can make a marked improvement to your store if you make a few small changes.

You have a shared SSL certificate, that does not always bring confidence to prospective customers. Nowadays SSL certificates are very cheap, you could even get one free with a domain renewal of as low as maybe $50 for one year + dedicated IP address for maybe $2 per month.

I hope some of my feedback helped.

Wishing you success with your venture

Chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived