• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.3.1 Version of my site

Hello,

Just converted my old 2.2MS to osc 2.3.1 and I like it, there will be more customization as soon as more contributions become available.

I feel that the product images are loading slow, is this my connection or?

Please advise

koolkatjazzdotcom

Cheers

The red bars are a bit garish. I'd tone it down a bit. You have BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT | BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS | BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY | BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING hiding in the upper right corner. They're the same color as the background so they don't show, but they are stretching out the right margin. Not a bad start, but you still have work to do.

Now I need to dig out all of my old vinyl and see what I've forgotten I own.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The red bars are a bit garish. I'd tone it down a bit. You have BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT | BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS | BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY | BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING hiding in the upper right corner. They're the same color as the background so they don't show, but they are stretching out the right margin. Not a bad start, but you still have work to do.

Now I need to dig out all of my old vinyl and see what I've forgotten I own.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

The red color was to add a bit Christmas feeling to it and will go away after Christmas.

What did you think about the image load time?

Cheers

Image load was fine for me, but I'm on a relatively fast connection. Best to find someone who has slower access.

I tend to forget about Christmas themes unless forcibly reminded. Perhaps you could add a reminder, like the number of shopping days left, or just a "Merry Christmas." Or not.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You haven't really done much, it looks like a standard install with a few css changes. Can you chop up the structure of the site a bit to make it look less osCommercey.

Hi Burt,

I'm thinking about using one of your templates to get away from it as you say, do you more templet's in the works?

Hi Paul,

Yes, you do ! Your hosting provider is on my banned list. I had several hack attempts from the UK last month and was forced to ban more than 50 IP's and a dozen ISP's from the UK.

Sorry.

Chris

Site displays "Secure and non-secure items" popup using IE on SSL pages.

The HTML shows:

<base href="http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/" />

Needs to be:

<base href="https://plavin.tchmachines.com/~wihirt/catalog/" />

(Your shared SSL URL)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thank you all,

I will figure out a new layout after the holidays when things start to calm down a bit.

How do I adjust the right margin? It's way to big after the PayPal Verified contribution

Cheers

Site displays "Secure and non-secure items" popup using IE on SSL pages.

The HTML shows:

<base href="http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/" />

Needs to be:

<base href="https://plavin.tchmachines.com/~wihirt/catalog/" />

(Your shared SSL URL)

I'm not sure what this mean?

Archived