Latest News: (loading..)
kymation

[Addon} Theme Switcher

Hello alltogether,

I'm running the original osc 2.3.4.1. If I want to install the theme switcher module in the admin area the following error message appears:

"break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /catalog/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_theme_switcher.php on line 415"

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Thanks

Frank

That's a new one. You can fix it by deleting Line 415 from that file. Please post again if this does not work for you.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Everyone,

I currently have the new 2.3.4.1 CE version and I have successfully installed the current theme switcher and had no problems thanks to all the hard work by everyone involved.

Today I made a new theme using the theme roller website and would like to add to my existing theme switcher.  I unzipped the file and was going to use the ftp program to install it but noticed that the file content is much different that the theme folders that came with the theme switcher.

I go to Bootstrap > catalog > ext > bootstrap - then click on a theme folder and inside there is the     bootstrap.min.css

But when I downloaded the new folder and read the manual on how to install a theme I get a bit confused.

I get a folder with a jquery-ui-1.21.custom folder. Open that and there are several .css and a index.html . There is a image folder and the external folder which then has a jquery folder and once that is opened the only file there is the jquery.js

There is no bootstrap.min.css anywhere.

Do I just install as it is and create folders where needed ? Or did I do something wrong when I downloaded the new theme.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know what you have, but the only thing you need is a theme CSS file. OsCommerce already has all of the jQuery and Bootstrap JavaScript files.

You can try creating a new folder and putting one of your CSS files in it. Just rename that file to bootstrap.min.css so that Theme Switcher can find it. Try each CSS file in turn if the first one doesn't work. If none of them work, you don't have a usable theme.

If you're actually using the ThemeRoller site, that only works with the old jQueryUI version of osCommerce, not the Bootstrap version.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation
Spelling

Hi Jim,

Thank you for coming to my rescue so quickly.  Darn it. Yes I did.

I just looked and there are 2 theme.css    jquery-ui.theme.css  and jquery-ui.theme.min.css

Based on your message it sounds that my theme will not be compatible with the new version.

I do like one of the existing themes but there are some colors that I need to change and when I used my last version it was recommended using the theme switcher. Having red, blues, greens and oranges popping up everywhere isn't what I was looking for. Just something simple theme.

Is there a way that I can make changes to the box colors i the new version ?

Thanks again Jim.

There are several Bootstrap theme generators available online. They seem to have similar functionality to the ThemeRoller site. I haven't tried them so I can't say what is best. I would be a bad judge anyway as I'm colorblind.

Regards

Jim

How to install this addon? I read through the manual and doing a clean install. Copy past the files but add on doesnt appear under modules.

Am I missing something?

Installing it on localhost.

xampp\httdoc\os 

extract files from the add on under above location and overwrite any if prompted. still nothing!

Check whether the files are in the correct location. The manual gives you the expected location for all of the files.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation