osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

You can do anything you want. I believe that the style is this one:

.productListTable tr.alt td {
 background-color: #ecf6fc;
}

Remove the background-color property and put in a border property. Given the way that this is set up, you might want to add a border-bottom to all lines, in which case it should be applied to .productListTable tr td instead of .productListTable tr.alt td.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem with jquery-ui-1.8.9.css, Is there any restriction with theme switcher or Oscommerce jquery version?

I changed on include/template_top this

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js"></script>

to this

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.9.min.js"></script>

, but the theme not work, don't apply css styles. Any idea?

Thanks.

I need to learn more English, but I know Spanish very well.

Hi, I have a problem with jquery-ui-1.8.9.css, Is there any restriction with theme switcher or Oscommerce jquery version?

I changed on include/template_top this

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js"></script>

to this

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.9.min.js"></script>

, but the theme not work, don't apply css styles. Any idea?

Thanks.

Ah!, redmond (jquery-ui-1.8.6.css) default theme works perfectly.

Edited by Locolacolina

If the redmond theme works, and the others don't, then you have done something wrong with the other themes. Read the instructions for adding themes again. I suspect that you did not extract the correct directory/folder for the new themes, or did not rename the CSS file inside that folder.

regards

Jim

If the redmond theme works, and the others don't, then you have done something wrong with the other themes. Read the instructions for adding themes again. I suspect that you did not extract the correct directory/folder for the new themes, or did not rename the CSS file inside that folder.

regards

Jim

I have a copy of 1.8.6.css themes, and all works ok, only Dark Hive theme don't works. 1.8.9.css neither works. I think is wrong in themeroller gallery.

Thanks Jim.

Regards

Sergio

Edited by Locolacolina

I'm having a problem - when I use the ThemeRoller DevTool to adjust colors & stuff, everything looks good, then I download it - install it, and when I reload the page - my buttons turn wonky. You can see it here: dyelotyarn.com/catalog (the cart contents & login buttons at the top right - the colors are right, but they aren't the right size or in the right place)

Also, I'm really impressed with how well this works! It took me a bit to get it right but when I fixed my human error - it was simple & great!

Thanks!

Liz

I tried changing your site to a standard theme (several of them) and the buttons are still messed up. I don't see anything wrong with your header either. I'm wondering if this is a jquery incompatibility issue. Try downloading the latest version of jquery and the jquery UI and replace your site's copies. You'll need to change the version numbers on the new files or change the links in your template_top.php to match the files.

Please let us know if this works.

Regards

Jim

I tried changing your site to a standard theme (several of them) and the buttons are still messed up. I don't see anything wrong with your header either. I'm wondering if this is a jquery incompatibility issue. Try downloading the latest version of jquery and the jquery UI and replace your site's copies. You'll need to change the version numbers on the new files or change the links in your template_top.php to match the files.

Please let us know if this works.

Regards

Jim

I'm sorry - I was sure I responded to this a couple days ago - I did make the changes you suggested but I'm not seeing any improvement. I have noticed that a few of the buttons DO show up properly. I added a login box and the login button there looks just fine - but some of the checkout buttons are strange looking as well.

Thanks again for your help!

Liz

That's all I can think of. The stock osC store works fine, so it must be something in your code. Sorry I can't offer any more help.

Regards

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I got this error...What seems to be wrong?

I am trying it locally before uploading. Please help.

atal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_pull_down_themes() in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\merchant\modules.php(232) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: include_once(includes/functions/modules/header_tags/theme_switcher.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_theme_switcher.php on line 34

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/header_tags/theme_switcher.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\oscommerce\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_theme_switcher.php on line 34

The error message says that your admin is trying to find includes/functions/modules/header_tags/theme_switcher.php when it should be looking for admin/includes/functions/modules/header_tags/theme_switcher.php. This is caused by something in your osCommerce installation, probably an error in your admin side configure.php. There's more information in the thread on configure files.

Regards

Jim

Having issue installing the theme switcher files. one of the files theme-switcher.php is to be placed in the catalog/admin/includes/functions/modules/header_tags directory. My catalog directory on both the server side and in my clean copy on my local computer only shows catalog/admin/includes/functions. what do I have to do to place theme_switcher.php where it will work as intended? when opening the admin panel theme switcher shows as a module available. but I get error mesages, that I assume are rooted by not having theme-switcher.[hp installed allong with the two ht_theme_switcher.php files. Also notice my admin panel wants to display wider than full screen

swince the theme switcher install attempt, what did I mess-up there?

Thanks man,

Timmy C

You need to create the modules/header_tags directory in the catalog/admin/includes/functions/ directory.

the Admin problem is caused by the error messages, which are caused by the missing file.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Man... that's all it took! Was hoping the new theme would have a feature I really like from another store; www.quadrajetparts.com. I really like the categories that change to black when moused over; any idea on how I can make the feature happen on my store wwww.discountgauges.com. The quadrajet store uses an earlier OSC version.

Appreciated the help very much!

Timmy C

You will need to modify your catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_categories.php to allow you to style the links. Then it's just a matter of applying that style in your stylesheet. You could also replace the whole box with one from the Categories Accordion Box or Categories CSS Menu addon to make this easier. Those addons are drop-in modules so you can test them out without editing code.

Regards

Jim

After adding admin theme switcher, I have noticed a small issue and am not able to find where I can edit this. It has to do with the drop down box when selecting a theme. If theme name is something like redmond, it still displays the drop down arrow. But when the theme name is like custom-theme then the drop down arrow plus the last character is cut off. As seen in the attached snap shot.

theme.jpg

I've looked in theme_switcher.php in search of how to change the drop down box to accept a few more characters. So is this possible or will I need to renamed themes with fewer characters?

Thank you.

The admin theme switcher is a separate addon written by a different author. It's not supported here. I do use it though, but I haven't seen that problem, so I'm going to be no help at all.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm totally new to osCommerce and have next to zero programming experience - though I do have some FileZilla skills. I want to install your Theme Switcher and need some guidance on backing up my database and my files to a different computer first. How do I do this? I am using v2.3.1 and am on a MacBook Pro, but can back up to a Mac tower. I see some people suggesting to set up auto backup through osCommerce and some suggesting using a third party. Any advice you can offer (in gentle newbie language) would be supremely appreciated!

Thank you,

Tori

You have two things you need to back up: your files and your database.

First, use FileZilla to copy your entire catalog directory to your local computer. As always here on the forum, "catalog" refers to whatever directory you have osCommerce installed into. Put that copy where you can find it if you need to. I add a date to the containing folder so I know how old the backup is. Your files are now backed up.

Second, log in to your store's Admin and click on Tools, then Database Backup. Click the backup button, check the box that says Download only (do not store server side)*and then click the Backup button. Save the resulting file in a safe place. Storing it with the file backup is not a bad idea. Your database is now backed up.

A good rule is to backup files anytime you make a change, and backup the database daily. You might do database backups less frequently if your store is not very busy, or more often if it is very busy.

Regards

Jim

Jim.... installed theme switcher. got it working, thanks for your help! If I could ask, the icons that are selectable in the boxes admion, what file is the actual image files located? I assume they are .gif files, would like to increase the size of the triangle offerings a couple pixels using Adobe Illustrator.

Thanks,

Timmy C