• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

As the User's Manual says, "for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.x."

Regards

Jim

ok....so I guess I have to figure out how to get 2.3.x I installed the option on the list my host's server gave me.

You have an error of some sort. Maybe one of the Theme Switcher files is corrupted or missing. Try uploading the files again.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim hi!

I have the same problem with SB3D... I have stuck in step 17 because theme switcher module doesn't appear.

But i have added the module file which you told him to add to catalog/includes/modules/header_tags/. If it's just the file named "le-frog" or anything..

Why it doesn't work..??

please!i need it for a project for my uni soon!

thank you!!

Check that you have all of the files from the Theme Switcher distribution uploaded to the correct locations. All 3 files are necessary.

Regards

Jim

Installed and working perfectly on a fresh 2.3.1 store.

Your manual couldn't be more thorough.

Thank you very much!!

P.S. I've been a member here for a long time but I rarely post unless it's really worth it. And now it does.

Edited by semigod

Thank you for answering so fast!:-)

But i'm still having problems...When you say all 3 files which files do you mean..?

I have done exactly what your instructions say..

On oscommerce,under modules, says Module Directory: C:/Apache2.2/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/header_tags/

Have I to copy smth into this directory? perhaps the ht_theme_switcher.php ? I have the 1.8.7 version...

I can't understand why it doesn't work to me only!Please show understanding to a person who is completely irrelevant with these subjects!

Thank you!!

There are three files in the Theme Switcher Addon package that have to be uploaded to your server. The files are listed in the User's Manual along with the directory they belong in. Use that list to verify that the files are present on your site.

regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded a new version to the usual place. This one sorts the themes in alphabetical order. It makes it easier to find a theme if you have a lot of them. I also added some text to the manual about the ThemeRoller version numbers, and some more debugging information.

If you need to upgrade an older version of Theme Switcher, or just want to, upload the three new files over the top of your old ones. There's no need to uninstall the module first.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

I uploaded ThemeRoller and created my own theme and I like this very much. I have one problem I cannot figure out, though. I'm not sure how to explain it, but in a category or subcategory that has more than one item, every other item the background doesn't appear - it's just white. Here's a web page you can see it...

http://www.thinkittees.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_25

I'm stopping short of messing with any css. I'm hoping you can help.

Also, what if I don't want the content background in these cells or tables?

Repetition is the key to success; Practice, Practice, Practice.

No outside links in signatures allowed.

Hi Jim,

I can't seem to get it working either. What happens for me is that once I select the theme I want and I save it, it doesn't show up on my site. The header bars or any of the colored boxes don't show up. It only changes some of the text color. I tried doing what everyone was talking about in all of the above posts by changing the file names but maybe I'm confused. Could you possibly list all of the file names in each directory that jQuery UI would have possibly changed with their new versions so that I can compare the two and change the new jQuery UI files to what you have them set to be? Unless you don't think that is my problem. Please let me know.

Thank you! :)

Joey

Hi,

I uploaded ThemeRoller and created my own theme and I like this very much. I have one problem I cannot figure out, though. I'm not sure how to explain it, but in a category or subcategory that has more than one item, every other item the background doesn't appear - it's just white. Here's a web page you can see it...

http://www.thinkittees.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_25

I'm stopping short of messing with any css. I'm hoping you can help.

Also, what if I don't want the content background in these cells or tables?

That's not a bug, that's a feature. No, seriously. The background is supposed to be different on the odd and even lines. It helps the reader's eye to scan across the line. This is actually good design practice.

If you don't want it, just delete this bit of Javascript from the bottom of catalog/includes/footer.php:

<script type="text/javascript">
$('.productListTable tr:nth-child(even)').addClass('alt');
</script>

If you want to change any of the other backgrounds, header colors, etc., then you'll need to change the CSS class that triggers them. That's in far too many places to list here. I suggest using the Firebug extension in Firefox to examine the element you want to change.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I can't seem to get it working either. What happens for me is that once I select the theme I want and I save it, it doesn't show up on my site. The header bars or any of the colored boxes don't show up. It only changes some of the text color. I tried doing what everyone was talking about in all of the above posts by changing the file names but maybe I'm confused. Could you possibly list all of the file names in each directory that jQuery UI would have possibly changed with their new versions so that I can compare the two and change the new jQuery UI files to what you have them set to be? Unless you don't think that is my problem. Please let me know.

Thank you! :)

Joey

You should not have to change any existing files, other than the one-line deletion necessary for Theme Switcher to work. If you are talking about changing the file names in the package that you downloaded from ThemeRoller, that's all covered in the User's Manual. Read through those instructions again and make certain that you have followed every one. Don't skip any steps.

Regards

Jim

That's not a bug, that's a feature. No, seriously. The background is supposed to be different on the odd and even lines. It helps the reader's eye to scan across the line. This is actually good design practice.

Okay then, I can see that. I'll simply adjust my theme to a light background for the content. Thanks for the quick reply and the great add-on.

Repetition is the key to success; Practice, Practice, Practice.

No outside links in signatures allowed.

I have gotten the theme switcher to work finally by replacing jscript v1.4.2 with v1.4.4 and jscript ui v1.8.6 with v1.8.9, but all my pages are missing the buttons with a pre-made theme. Is there any way to fix this?

P.S. I renamed the version to the the older version when I replaced it.

I just added a 1.8.9 theme to my test store. Everything works as expected, buttons included. I have now tried 1.8.5, 1.8.6, 1.8.7, and 1.8.9 themes without ever having a failure.

There is nothing wrong with replacing jquery and jquery UI files with the latest version as long as you changed all of the version numbers to match. So, if you replace jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js with jquery-ui-1.8.9.min.js, you also have to change line 31 of catalog/includes/template_top.php to match.

Regards

Jim

Do I still have to change line 31 of catalog/includes/template_top.php if I renamed the new files the same as the original?

Here is the site, I am just creating it now. I wanted to get the theme working first though.

Here is the adress ( look at the login, etc..)

http://cargoship.ca/catalog/

Edited by Derek Lingo

You can change the file to match the line in catalog/includes/template_top.php or change the line in catalog/includes/template_top.php to match the file. Or you can change both of them to something else. The only thing that matters is that they match.

Your link to ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js returns your host's default install page, so I assume that this file does not exist or is misnamed. Fixing that should solve your problem.

Regards

Jim

If you don't want it, just delete this bit of Javascript from the bottom of catalog/includes/footer.php:

<script type="text/javascript">
$('.productListTable tr:nth-child(even)').addClass('alt');
</script>

If you want to change any of the other backgrounds, header colors, etc., then you'll need to change the CSS class that triggers them. That's in far too many places to list here. I suggest using the Firebug extension in Firefox to examine the element you want to change.

Regards

Jim

Is there anyway to make it so it's one color but with a border seperator?