• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

Hello all

Sorry to bother you guys with a stupid question but i know NOTHING about coding files, so please beer LOL with me

I have OS ver, 2.3.4 up and running

Got TS 1.4.3 up and working properly i think, all check marks are green when changing themes.

but i lost the product image when i get to the final product description page.

I see there is a new TS ver 1.4.4 before i try this will it correct the issue,

Thanks Paul

The latest version updates the includes/template_top.php file to match the changes in osCommerce 2.3.4. If you replaced that file with the one from version 1.4.3, then the file from version 1.4.4 will fix your problem. That's the only file that is changed.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi,

I have been trying to install this add-on but having trouble with an error. I have read through the forum, tried many thing with no luck. I hope you @@kymation can help me.

have the following message in the admin section:

Switch your store theme from the admin.
Version: 1.4.3

Enable Theme Switcher
True

Sort Order

Jquery Version

Jquery UI Version

Theme
redmond

tick.gifThe jQuery file was found.

tick.gifThe jQuery UI file was found.

tick.gifThe selected theme was found.

cross.gifThe theme CSS file is the wrong version or missing!

tick.giftemplate_top.php has been modified.

tick.gifThe language file was found.

I have not been ablet to do nothing about the css file.

I am running osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.3

Hope you can help. Thanks

@@maalim2600  All I can tell you is the same thing the User's Manual tells you: The theme file must be named jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css, where 1.10.4 is the jQuery UI version number that you set above.

Regards

Jim

Thanks @@kymation , i think i may have had a corrupt installaion, that i have been installing. I did a fresh install of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4. It did the trick right out the box. :)

So my advice to anybody having this same issue, if possible do a fresh install, it could save hours,

@@kymation just a friendly pointer, if possible i advice you to make a point clear in pdf guide on step 19 in section 3.3

19. Find the file named jquery-ui-###.custom.min.css. Change the name of that file to
jquery-ui-###.css, where ### is the same number as the jQuery UI file in step 15. Note:
Again, that file may be named something else. This changes often. If it's different, look for
the .css file ending in min.css.

The file has to be renamed jquery-ui-###.min.css ,it need to have the .min in the name too. I may be wrong correct me if i am, you are the contributor and you know more about it then i do. Just wanted to help others if they encounter this issue in the future.

Thanks for this addon , looking good, now that i got it to work. :)

Yes, that changes periodically. The jQuery filenames have changed at least twice, and osCommerce has changed to follow them, and to use the minified version in place of the readable version. It's hard to keep the manual in sync with the latest version of this mess, not to mention dealing with people using older versions of osC and jQuery. I'll go fix that.

Regards

Jim

Hi!

Working with a new installation of OSC 2.3.4 and ThemeSwitcher 1.4.4

Being a newbie - I cant see where I'm going wrong...

Version: 1.4.3

Enable Theme Switcher
True

Sort Order

Jquery Version

Jquery UI Version

Theme
Custom1

tick.gif The jQuery file was found.

tick.gif The jQuery UI file was found.

tick.gif The selected theme was found.

tick.gif The selected version of the theme was found.

tick.gif template_top.php has been modified.

tick.gif The language file was found.

I get changed box header colours, but no font or box rounding changes.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Chris

It looks like your theme is being loaded correctly. Remember that box rounding will not show in older versions of Internet Explorer. Use Firefox or Chrome to view those changes.

Fonts can be overridden by the default stylesheet, and some fonts and colors are only set in that stylesheet. Use Firebug in Firefox to see where the font for your text is being set.

Regards

Jim

Most people don't realize that the theme doesn't cover everything. The new Bootstrap themes are better, but still leave some changes to be made by hand. Maybe someday we'll get a theme system that covers the entire page. At least I can hope.

Regards

Jim

Warning:  Version 1.11.x of any jQuery UI theme will NOT work with osCommerce without modifications. I suggest that you use version 1.10.4 themes only.

Regards

Jim

@@joli1811  Yup; they're all out to get me. I so want osCommerce to dump jQuery UI for Bootstrap. I just hope I'm not trading one devil for another.  :devil:

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I can't find the ThemeRoller Bookmarklet.  The link given in "Designing New Themes the Easy Way" just has an error message on jqueryui.com:

This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?

It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for.

Further searches on jQuery and the general web have failed to find any executable/script that can be loaded in my FireFox toolbar.  I was trying to design a theme using my existing store's home page as defined in "3. Creating a Custom Theme Using Your Store" in the archived thread mentioned above.

Based on what I've read in this thread, has jQuery given up on the Bookmarklet?

Yes, jQuery stopped supporting the Bookmarklet. I put up some code so that I could continue to support it, and that worked for a while. Eventually, jQuery removed the code on the Themeroller page that my bookmarklet depended on, and that was the end of that. Nobody else has come up with a replacement.

Regards

Jim

Yes, jQuery stopped supporting the Bookmarklet. I put up some code so that I could continue to support it, and that worked for a while. Eventually, jQuery removed the code on the Themeroller page that my bookmarklet depended on, and that was the end of that. Nobody else has come up with a replacement.

Regards

Jim

Well, dang!  That's a shame.  I guess that's one of the reasons OsC is proceeding toward Bootstrap.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning:  Version 1.11.x of any jQuery UI theme will NOT work with osCommerce without modifications. I suggest that you use version 1.10.4 themes only.

Regards

Jim

I'm getting an error in Admin that the CSS file is the wrong version and there is only text for buttons on my site.

From what you say above, does it mean that I need a "jquery-1.10.4.min.js" file in /catalog/ext/jquery?  The only file there right now is "jquery-1.11.1.min.js"  I renamed the "jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.css" file to "jquery-ui-1.10.4.css"  My Admin says the Jquery version is 1.11.1 and the Jquery UI is 1.10.4. 

Should I have used a 1.11.1 theme?  Your post above says they won't work and the folders didn't match your instructions. I downloaded Le-Frog as a 1.10.4 theme, renamed the css file as above, and uploaded the complete "le-frog" folders under the "css" folder in the unzipped files.

Theme Switcher is V1.4.4.

EDIT: Changing back to the default "Redmond" restores everything as before.

The only mod I've made was to enable fluid 960gs, but I copied over the CSS file so that the template_top.php file was not modded.  Store is a virgin 2.3.4 install.

Edited by TomB01

Did a little cheating and looked at the basic Redmond jquery UI file in the 2.3.4 install.  It retains the "min" in the file name string.  I renamed the file under "Le_Frog" and now I have green everywhere. B)  So, Item 3.3, 19., in the instructions should state to rename the UI file to "jquery-ui-###.min.css" ... I guess. 

Edited by TomB01

@@TomB01  osCommerce 2.3.4 changed to follow the new jQuery naming scheme, so the process in now different depending on the version. I can't keep up.

Regards

Jim

That's OK - downloaded a dozen themes already and now I'm having fun - great contrib, Jim!

Edited by TomB01

• 1 month later...

I notice in the documentation for Theme Switcher 1.4.4 that is says to copy the redmond directory into catalog/ext/jquery/ui. Since oscommerce 2.3.4 came with a default  redmond directory (containing an a image folder and one css file "jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css") , I take it that I'm replacing the redmond theme that came with 2.3.4 with the theme switcher one. Just wondering if the redmond folder from 2.3.4 was just a place holder ( and not the complete redmond theme) since it doesn't have that many files in it compared to the theme switcher redmond file.

Tadeusz Raczkowski

The instructions tell you to replace that directory because it may not be the latest version. In this case, 1.10.4 is recent enough that you don't need to replace it if you don't want to. Just make certain that you keep the existing versions of jQuery and jQueryUI as well, and that all new themes are the same version.

Regards

Jim

Just a simple thing, but I added the theme name to the footer:

<!-- Add Theme Switcher theme name -->
<div class="grid_24" style="text-align: center;">
The current your_store_name theme is <strong><em><?php echo ' '. MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_THEME_SWITCHER_THEME .' '; ?></em></strong>
</div>
<!-- End Theme Switcher theme name -->