• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

Did you try clicking that install button?

Regards

Jim

Yes of course I did lol, there's nothing there except the thing that tells you where the module directory is ie Module Directory: /home/vol11/****/±±±±±/^^^^^^/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/boxes/

Oh I got it! I was looking in Boxes, not Header Tags, whoops!

Anyway, it's installed now but the default theme has the cart/account/checkout buttons missing at the top. The rest of the page seems fine.

Edit: matching the jQuery version number in the admin backend to the version in ext/jquery/ directory brought back the buttons.

Another edit: and now I have the switcher working! Thanks Jim for the subliminal push to read things over again and slowly. :D

Edited by definitivefreak

• 3 weeks later...

Your contributions are truly great. I installed banner rotator and then theme switcher. But has a problem: when I change the template_top the banner rotator does not work. If I do not change the banner rotator functions normally with the theme switcher. there is some incompatibility? changes on page template_top are really important? thank you

Change template_top how? The changes needed for Theme Switcher? Make all of the changes stated in the instructions, then check your page source for working links to all of the Javascript and CSS files.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Change template_top how? The changes needed for Theme Switcher? Make all of the changes stated in the instructions, then check your page source for working links to all of the Javascript and CSS files.

Regards

Jim

Removed the 03 lines mentioned in the instructions and the text block shifted to the indicated location of the file template_top. Once tested, only the banner rotator stopped working. I then decided to return to the original file and the banner rotator worked again. I test the theme switcher and everything was ok too

Using the changed template_top.php, open the front page in Firefox. Right click and select View Source. Each of the Javascript and CSS tags in the header is a link. Click on each one and read what comes up. If it's a 404 notice, that link is broken.

Regards

Jim

Using the changed template_top.php, open the front page in Firefox. Right click and select View Source. Each of the Javascript and CSS tags in the header is a link. Click on each one and read what comes up. If it's a 404 notice, that link is broken.

Regards

Jim

none appeared 404 error page. I could leave this way, without changing the page template_top or will generate an error?

Hiya, have just installed it and done all of the necessary installation steps. When I try to log into my admin panel, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function buildBlocks() on a non-object in /hermes/waloraweb097/b256/moo.niceonematecom/blossombear/admin/includes/template_top.php on line 13

Any help would be much appreciated =)

Thanks,

BearNecessities

P.S - I think the problem might be with this section of code in top_template.php:

$oscTemplate->buildBlocks();

if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left')) {

$oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());

}

if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_right')) {

$oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());

}

@@rdbello -- That will display pages correctly, but Theme Switcher will not work without those changes. If you want Theme Switcher to work, you need to find your error and fix it. Go through the installation instructions again and check every step.

@@BearNecessities -- You probably modified admin/includes/template_top.php when you should have modified catalog/includes/template_top.php. The other possibility is that you uploaded your catalog/includes/template_top.php to admin/includes/template_top.php.

Regards

Jim

Edit: That was the wrong filename. Oops.

Edited by kymation

• 1 month later...

I've uploaded a new version to the osCommerce Addons area. As usual, this is a stripped-down copy to fit under the maximum file size. If you want the whole thing with all the extras, you can download it from my server.

This release adds checking for the most common install errors. It won't catch everything, but it should make it a lot easier to find most mistakes. I've also cleaned up the code and removed the catalog/admin/includes/functions/modules/header_tags/theme_switcher.php file.

There's no need to upgrade from an older version unless you want the shiny new error-checking tools. There are no bug fixes, and hopefully no new bugs. I've tested this on my test server and installed it on a couple of live sites and it seems to work just fine. Please post here if you do find a bug and I'll fix it.

Regards

Jim

Edit: The editor "fixed" my text again. Bah.

Edited by kymation

I have an existing custom theme that I originally created using the Theme Roller page. Now I'd like to tweak it. Does anyone know of a way to upload an existing custom theme as a starting point or do I have to re-create everything from scratch?

Open the CSS file in your theme package. Somewhere around Line 55 will be a long URL. Copy that and paste it in your browser. You can then make changes and download the revised theme.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation - Thanks, that helps. More specifically I was hoping to be able to get the values loaded for use with the Firefox ThemeRoller Dev tool. I'm guessing that might be doable by tweaking developertool.js.php

Edited by DrGlitch

I don't know of any way to do that, short of rewriting the script. Please share if you get it to work.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

I've added version 1.4.1 to the Addons area. This revision updates the template_top.php file to match osCommerce 2.3.3. It will still work with older 2.3 versions as well, but you should upgrade your osC install anyway. I also fixed an issue with PHP older than 5.0, for those of you still on obsolete servers.

The version in the Addons area has the Extras folder removed to save space. If you want the whole package, it's available from my server. Either one is enough to install.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

Did install the switcher and after some modifications it works fine, but all my images if you click on the products are now full size and no longer thumbnail?

Please advice

Cheers and thank you for a great contrib

That's a jQuery problem. Check your Theme Switcher module in your Admin -- are all of the check marks green?

Regards

Jim

Yes, they are all green

Version: 1.4.0

Enable Theme Switcher

True

Sort Order

Jquery Version

Jquery UI Version

Theme

sunny

The jQuery file was found.

The jQuery UI file was found.

The selected theme was found.

The selected version of the theme was found.

template_top.php has been modified.

The language file was found.

Edited by pederb

That's odd, it works on every site I've tried it on. Did you use the copy of template_top.php from the Theme Switcher package or did you modify your own?

Regards

JIm

That's odd, it works on every site I've tried it on. Did you use the copy of template_top.php from the Theme Switcher package or did you modify your own?

Regards

JIm

Modified the one we had