• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

That code is required for the theme to work. It either has to be in template_top.php or Theme Switcher has to provide it.

Please post your catalog/includes/template_top.php in a code box here and I'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That code is required for the theme to work. It either has to be in template_top.php or Theme Switcher has to provide it.

Please post your catalog/includes/template_top.php in a code box here and I'll take a look.

Regards

Jim

<?php
/*
 $Id$
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
 $oscTemplate->buildBlocks();
 if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left')) {
   $oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());
 }
 if (!$oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_right')) {
   $oscTemplate->setGridContentWidth($oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth() + $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth());
 }
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />
<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>" />
<?php
 if (tep_not_null(JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE)) {
?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-<?php echo JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE; ?>.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$.datepicker.setDefaults($.datepicker.regional['<?php echo JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE; ?>']);
</script>
<?php
 }
?>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/960gs/<?php echo ((stripos(HTML_PARAMS, 'dir="rtl"') !== false) ? 'rtl_' : ''); ?>960_24_col.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" />
<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_tags'); ?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/bxGallery/jquery.bxGallery.1.1.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="bodyWrapper" class="container_<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridContainerWidth(); ?>">
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<div id="bodyContent" class="grid_<?php echo $oscTemplate->getGridContentWidth(); ?> <?php echo ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_column_left') ? 'push_' . $oscTemplate->getGridColumnWidth() : ''); ?>">

That looks correct to me. Check that you have uploaded all of the files to the correct locations. If it still doesn't work, open the page in Firefox, right click and select View Page source, and then click each of the links near the top, one at a time. If one of those gives you a 404 error message, that's where the problem is.

Regards

Jim

That looks correct to me. Check that you have uploaded all of the files to the correct locations. If it still doesn't work, open the page in Firefox, right click and select View Page source, and then click each of the links near the top, one at a time. If one of those gives you a 404 error message, that's where the problem is. Regards Jim

Ah, okay. It says:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /shop/ext/jquery/jquery-1.5.1.min.js was not found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

I have 1.5.2 on my server. Do I need to change this code or get the file? And where do I update this?

The Theme Switcher Admin setup panel has a text box to enter the correct version of your jQuery and jQuery UI files. These numbers must match the files you have installed. I recommend that you use the latest version of each to avoid compatibility issues with new Themes. Instructions are provided in the User's Manual.

Regards

Jim

Hi all,

I'm a new forum user, but I wanna report jast a warning for Theme Switcher for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.x Version 1.3 September 2011 (manual)

I hope this is the right place for my post.

I'm using Online Merchant v2.3.1

Front-end works very fine.

My warning concerns the back-end: this one search ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css, ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js and ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js, because these lines

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css'); ?>">

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js'); ?>"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_catalog_href_link('ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js'); ?>"></script>

inside admin/includes/template_top.php

So:

- in new redmon folder (ext/jquery/ui/redmond by http://jqueryui.com/download) I copied jquery-ui-1.8.6.css from redmon old (native) version

- ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js must be not deleted (if I upgrade with new jQuery version)

- ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js must be not deleted (if I use last jQueryUI version)

Maybe useful put this into manual

that's all

best regards

Edited by ciaky

That is right --the old files should not be deleted. The instructions do not tell you to delete them. I do not understand what is unclear about that.

Regards

JIm

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

I tried to read as much on this forum as I could, so I really hope I didn't miss this. I actually saw something related, but I'm not sure if it was here or not.

My problem: I have an add-on (Modular Front Page v1.2 For osC 2.3.1) that does not seem to be compatible with this add-on. Whenever I upload the modified template_top.php file or when I activate the theme roller module, the look of my page seems to fall apart (e.g. the banner rotator stops and the bars disappear.)

Any ideas?

THANKS!

There is a conflict with Theme Switcher that has not been satisfactorily resolved. The only solution I can offer is to use Version 1.1 of Theme Switcher. That should work, but you will have to make the changes noted in the instructions to use the latest version of jQuery and jQuery UI.

Regards

Jim

It worked just as expected. Thanks a lot Jim!

I only have a couple of minor concerns, for which I probably need to know where to make changes to the actual code itself. I was not able to use the Dev Tool on the site even on Firefox, so I created 3 different themes with the color scheme I need.

- Everything is pretty much like I wanted, except that some of my red buttons don't look as red. I have no idea why, as I changed the defaults from the ThemeRoller theme to "100%" and "solid." I looked at different PHP pages and the CSS file, but I can't find where to force those to be the same solid bright red. Examples: while my "sign in" and "search" and "add to cart" buttons are all solid red, the "cart"/"checkout"/"my account" (the whole series on the header) and the "reviews" and "go back" buttons look more pinkish. I also had to change the font and figured out how to do that for the header menu in English.php. I just can't seem to find everything. In short, I unless someone knows why some buttons would look a lighter color, I would like to know where the code is for the buttons. (I played for a while with the CSS, and had no luck.)

- Where can I change a:hover for JUST the side menus?

- Any tips on adding background images to top, left, right, and bottom?

THANKS!!!!

There are two types of button: primary and secondary. The primary buttons use the colors you select for buttons, while the secondary buttons are faded using an opacity filter. You can change this in the jQuery UI file:

.ui-priority-secondary, .ui-widget-content .ui-priority-secondary,  .ui-widget-header .ui-priority-secondary { opacity: .7; filter:Alpha(Opacity=70); font-weight: normal; }

I think that's the correct line, but I haven't tested it, so it might be wrong. The preferred method would be to change the buttons themselves: Look for the 'secondary' label in the button and change it to 'primary'. This gives you individual control of each button, plus it doesn't break when you decide to upgrade your jQuery files later on.

The left column has an ID of columnLeft and the right column has an ID of columnRight so you can use those to control CSS changes to the columns. For example:

#columnLeft a:hover {
 color: #FF0000;
}

The same trick can be used for backgrounds in the columns. Likewise, the footer has a class of footer, and the header has an ID of header.

Regards

Jim

In Themeroller, it's the Header/Toolbar section.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I would like to change the color ONLY for the breadcrumb,

actually whithout any color.

When I make color changes all BoxHeadings change their color together, including the breadcrumb !

Regards, Andres

Thanks Jim,

I would like to change the color ONLY for the breadcrumb,

actually whithout any color.

When I make color changes all BoxHeadings change their color together, including the breadcrumb !

Regards, Andres

Solved !!

I went to header.php and took away "-header infoBoxHeading" from line 39:

38 <div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">

39 <div class="ui-widget -header infoBoxHeading"><?php echo ' ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>

40 </div>

and now it looks like this:

38 <div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">

39 <div class="ui-widget"><?php echo ' ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>

40 </div>

Thanks and regards,

Andres

I'm not sure about that one. The Breadcrumb bar is in the#header of course, and the code is this bit:

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">
 <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading"><?php echo '  ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>
</div>

I would try something like

#header ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading {}

and see what happens. You might have to change the header code instead.

Regards

Jim

Edit: Ninja'd! Well, that was my second guess.

Edited by kymation

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Some people complaining about cart contents etc. displaying wrongly.

Probably you had deselected everything and just downloaded the theme (at least that is what I did).

Compare a working jquery-ui-x.x.x.css with the new css, you can copy/past all the missing lines .at the end of the file to the new theme. (probably all the lines under: ui-widget-shadow)

Greetz

• 3 weeks later...