• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Theme Switcher

kymation

This addon provides a simple way of changing themes in your osCommerce store. You can switch to a new theme for the season or to spruce up your store, or just to test out a new look. Just upload your new theme package and then select your new theme in your store's Admin.

Instructions are included for using the ThemeRoller tool to download stock themes and design new ones. It includes a method that allows you to design WYSIWYG on your own store pages.

Code in the usual location.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

I tried this out today and simply cannot get it to work.

It fails here at step #17:

15. Log into your store's Admin panel, click Modules in the left column, then click Header Tags.

16. Click the Install button in the upper right.

17. Find the Theme Switcher module in the list and click to highlight it

Theme Switcher simply never appears in the list.

You're welcome. It's always nice to know that people are using this code. Normally I only get replies when something is wrong.

Regards

jim

Hi,

Good day!

I am done installing this module and it looks good until you click on 'Edit' button in Admin->Modules->Header Tags->Theme Switcher. Below is the content of 'Theme Switcher' box on the right side

---------------------------------------------------

Theme Switcher

Edit Remove Module

Switch your store theme from the admin

Enable Store Name in All Titles

- True

Sort Order

Theme

- redmond

Clicking on 'Edit' does not show the edit form.

Thanks!

Edited by iwillis

<snipped>

FYI, jQuery version is now 1.8.7

Yes, I noticed that they've upgraded again. It would probably be better to remove the version numbers from the filename, but that's the way it's done by osCommerce as well as ThemeRoller. Maybe I'll change it in a future release.

Regards

Jim

Good afternoon,

In ThemeRoller I no longer download the version 1.8.6 of custom themes.

Only 1.8.7.

What should I do for the module to work with this version 1.8.7?

Thanks

--

Alexandre Pereira Bühler

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Hi Jim,

I've installed theme switcher. It shows up in my admin panel. When i highlight it and click edit (I have installed another theme) the edit button goes away. I can't choose another theme.

I installed the theme to catalog> ext> jquery> UI via ftp. The theme shows up in the UI folder but doesn't show up in my admin panel.

I notice that the redmond theme has one folder and one file in it but my theme has one folder and about 10 files in it.

Cheers,

Maxy

Good afternoon,

In ThemeRoller I no longer download the version 1.8.6 of custom themes.

Only 1.8.7.

What should I do for the module to work with this version 1.8.7?

Thanks

--

Alexandre Pereira Bühler

The minor point versions are all compatible, so just change the number to 1.8.6 like the instructions say and everything will work.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I've installed theme switcher. It shows up in my admin panel. When i highlight it and click edit (I have installed another theme) the edit button goes away. I can't choose another theme.

I installed the theme to catalog> ext> jquery> UI via ftp. The theme shows up in the UI folder but doesn't show up in my admin panel.

I notice that the redmond theme has one folder and one file in it but my theme has one folder and about 10 files in it.

Cheers,

Maxy

You probably got a file in the wrong place or failed to completely upload one of the files. Try uploading again and see what happens. If you have renamed your Admin directory, make certain that the includes/functions/modules/header_tags/theme_switcher.php got into the renamed directory.

The extra files in the downloaded theme aren't used by osCommerce. I leave them in there in case some future version uses one or more of them.

Regards

Jim

You probably got a file in the wrong place or failed to completely upload one of the files. Try uploading again and see what happens. If you have renamed your Admin directory, make certain that the includes/functions/modules/header_tags/theme_switcher.php got into the renamed directory.

The extra files in the downloaded theme aren't used by osCommerce. I leave them in there in case some future version uses one or more of them.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Do you mean the Theme switcher program or the theme it's self?

Cheers,

Maxy

The theme switcher will work with just the default theme installed if you did everything right. It will try to work even if a downloaded theme is broken. If the Theme Switcher is not working, you made an error in the installation of the Theme Switcher.

Regards

Jim

The minor point versions are all compatible, so just change the number to 1.8.6 like the instructions say and everything will work.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Good morning,

In fact the theme switcher works.

But the themes with the theme roller made in version 1.87 put a bug in the code.

For example:

If I create new account and click on date of birth.

The calendar does not open.

At the bottom of the browser gets an error. Clicking it opens a window where I states:

Details of the errors of the Web page

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2;. NET CLR 2.0.50727;. NET CLR 3.5.30729;. NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath .3;. NET4.0C)

Stamp Date / Time: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 02:50:05 UTC

Line: 108

Character: 63

Code: 0

URI: http://www.valvicon.com.br/catalog/create_account.php

If I return to the original theme oscommerce this does not happen.

If it was something with the installation of the oscommerce theme switcher in the original theme would not work.

So I think it is an incompatibility between version 1.8.7 and the theme switcher.

Thanks

Edited by buhlerax

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just installed the latest OS but for some reason I don't have the correct directories under the admins folder to drop the php file into. Do I just add the required folders or am I somehow missing them?

Thanks

Nad

What does "the latest OS" mean? What version?

Regards

Jim

I'm trying to follow the directions on this, and they don't match up to what I have in my "Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a" installation. Can anyone help?

As the User's Manual says, "for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.x."

Regards

Jim