osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for Design V2.3+

toyicebear

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<?php
 echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'cart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)) .
   tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) .
   tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'person', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));
 if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF, null, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'));
 }
  ?>

Hi, do you mean the above?

How do you change it to image? for eg. my images are "cart.jpg", "myaccount.jpg" and "checkout.jpg"

Regards,

example....

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cart.jpg', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>'; ?>

use the code example i have given for adding images as link in the header, in addition you will have to adjust the html code/css in the header/site to get the placement you want.

• 1 month later...

@@toyicebear

I have searched Google and the forums for a clear way to add a flat shipping cost to the product page. I want to display it to reveal upfront shipping costs. Also, I would like to reveal free shipping if the threshold has been met

Thanks for your help

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Can someone please help me with adding images to best sellers? I had this on a previous version of Oscommerce. I managed to get this far but I need help with adding the sql code for BESTSELLER_IMAGE_WIDTH, BESTSELLER_IMAGE_HEIGHT.

Thank you in advance!

I have changed in bm_best_sellers.php on lin 38-41 to:

$best_sellers_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' in (c.categories_id, c.parent_id) order by p.products_ordered desc, pd.products_name limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS);

} else {

$best_sellers_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_ordered desc, pd.products_name limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS);

}

and on line 46 to:

$bestsellers_list .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $best_sellers['products_image'], $best_sellers['products_name'] ,BESTSELLER_IMAGE_WIDTH, BESTSELLER_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></li>';

}

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Bestseller Image Width', 'BESTSELLER_IMAGE_WIDTH', '50', 'The pixel width of bestseller images', '4', '50', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Bestseller Image Height', 'BESTSELLER_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '50', 'The pixel height of bestseller images', '4', '51', now());

Dear All,

I have go thr' the forum a while couldn't find the answers.

I have just install a v2.3.3 Osc shop,

Here are my basic questions:

1. How can I enlarge the font size of ALL text words? The original is too small. :( (where should I change/copy & paste the code?)

I wish the font are all at least 1.5X to 2X larger (and bold)

2. Products do not show the price, or shown as "xxxx"

as I do not enter price yet and not want it to be $0 now.

3. at the front page:

How can I edit the text below (and insert a picture/ banner belowe it):

(a) "Welcome to xxx

Welcome Guest! Would you like...."

( B) powered by Oscommerce (at the end)

3. the default setting is "New products this months" for this month, can I change to featured products/ other products instead?

5. How can I "narrow" the middle column of template? as I want it to be more fit to be seen in mobile.

Please advise which scritt/code should I change or add-on to be install.

Pls also which is more easy to start with,

Thank you very much again! :)

1. In the file named: stylesheet.css

2. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5266

3. in the files includes/languages/English/index.php and includes/languages/english.php , if you use other languages then just switch English in the file paths given with that language name.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7832

5. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8629

1. In the file named: stylesheet.css

2. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5266

3. in the files includes/languages/English/index.php and includes/languages/english.php , if you use other languages then just switch English in the file paths given with that language name.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7832

5. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8629

Dear Nick,

I really appreciate your respons. :) For

(1) from whhich paragraph of script should i edit to change font size (for all text) and to bold them

(2) Is it possible to optionally switch off some products price, while some other Not-Hide

(5) for iOsc add-on: Do you know it is auto-detect to switch to mobile version when a user is browsing via phone... or select manually by viewer?

Really thanks everyone again!

I know some queries is naive as i not familarise with css and thanks again for your understanding in advance!

Dear Nick,

I really appreciate your respons. :) For

(1) from whhich paragraph of script should i edit to change font size (for all text) and to bold them

(2) Is it possible to optionally switch off some products price, while some other Not-Hide

(5) for iOsc add-on: Do you know it is auto-detect to switch to mobile version when a user is browsing via phone... or select manually by viewer?

Really thanks everyone again!

I know some queries is naive as i not familarise with css and thanks again for your understanding in advance!

Hello @@raydata,

For 5. iosc add-on:

It switches to mobile when visited with mobile device using mobile device list and there are also manual links to toggle between both versions.

Kind regards

Rainer

Hello @@raydata,

For 5. iosc add-on:

It switches to mobile when visited with mobile device using mobile device list and there are also manual links to toggle between both versions.

Kind regards

Rainer

Hello Rainer!

Thanks for your reply. Seem now most issue solved (although i have not install the add-on yet).

Now one thing remain (maybe it is too simple):

How to add an image (usually an url?) just below (or above) "Welcome guest?"

What will be the script and where should I put in which file?

Hello Rainer!

Thanks for your reply. Seem now most issue solved (although i have not install the add-on yet).

Now one thing remain (maybe it is too simple):

How to add an image (usually an url?) just below (or above) "Welcome guest?"

What will be the script and where should I put in which file?

Hello @@raydata,

In catalog/index.php at the very end find:

<div class="contentText">
<?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>
</div>

add below:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'my_image_name.png', 'my_image_title', 'image_width_in_px', 'image_height_in_px'); ?>

its supposed your image is placed in the image folder. Title, width and height is optional.

regards

Rainer

I really appreciate your help, Rainer!

So the final script would be like this?:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'my_image_name.png', 'my_image_title', 'image_width_in_360px', 'image_height_in_48px'); ?>

</div>

I really appreciate your help, Rainer!

So the final script would be like this?:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'my_image_name.png', 'my_image_title', 'image_width_in_360px', 'image_height_in_48px'); ?>

</div>

. 'my_image_name.png', 'my_image_title', 'image_width_in_px', 'image_height_in_px' are placeholders

Replace them with the name and extension of your image, the image title you wants to show when hovering over the image and the width and height should be only numbers. If you wants to show the image in original size leave the sizes blank:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'my_image_name.png', 'my_image_title', '360', '48'); ?>

. 'my_image_name.png', 'my_image_title', 'image_width_in_px', 'image_height_in_px' are placeholders

Replace them with the name and extension of your image, the image title you wants to show when hovering over the image and the width and height should be only numbers. If you wants to show the image in original size leave the sizes blank:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'my_image_name.png', 'my_image_title', '360', '48'); ?>

Really thanks!!! I got it.

In case I want the photo also an url

which code should I insert to it?

Thx again!

Archived