• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for Design V2.3+

toyicebear

I have done that to, i.e changed both stylesheet and template_bottom.php like this:

In file includes/template_bottom.php floats need to be cleared before the "bodywrapper" div close

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<div class="clear"></div>

</div> <!-- bodyWrapper //-->

and css

.clear {

clear: both;

}

I put the ".clear" at the bottom of the stylesheet but I suppose I can put it anyware.

Still the same problem.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have solved it. What I did was this changes in stylesheet after "body":

#bodyWrapper { background: #fff;

}

#bodyContent { background: #fff;

}

I have now a white background for the store but a background image outside the store at left and right. Case solved.

Hi to all,

I want to create website like this one www.firstcry.com with oscommerce.

Is this possible in oscommerce. I have tried so many tutorials for oscommerce to change the orignal layout of oscommerce to firstcry.com. But failed to do so. Any suggestions in this regard.

With Regards

Harsh Sabharwal

It is fully possible to make a site like that, but you will have to change many files and add in some custom functionality. You can start by reading and following the instructions on the first page of this topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Will the Category Box Enhancement add-on work for Osc 2.3.3 or are there some incompatibilities I should be aware of? It's a very nice contribution I used in my 2.2 shop. I remember it was discussed in Basic Design for 2.2.

It can be made to work, but the boxes are totally different in 2.3.1+ than in 2.2 , so you will have to make a new box based on the 2.3.1 model and implement the code from the wanted 2.2 box into it. OR you can modify the default categories box from 2.3+ with teh code from the 2.2 box.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably due to "incorrect" html codes added to the products description

• 1 month later...

Forgive if I missed this somewhere- I did several searches first.

I am looking to make the center column continue all the way down the length of the page to meet the footer, even on "short" pages. If you click on any of my items, you'll see it. http://kittyloafdesigns.com/shop/index.php

I'm also wondering how to remove (or change to white) the light blue border around the boxes in the left column and across the colored bar below the logo image.

I had other questions, but did some reading and answered them myself. :)

Deb

@@toyicebear I checked that thread (and the one it links to) and followed the guides. I added the "clear" div to the template_bottom.php file in the correct place, and saw this this is already in my "960" (replaced this CSS with a same grid but wider columns as per earlier in this thread).

.clear {
 clear: both;
 display: block;
 overflow: hidden;
 visibility: hidden;
 width: 0;
 height: 0;
}

I also tried adding the .clear { clear: both; to my css file in the catalog directory but neither seems to have any effect on the problem. Not sure sure if I am screwing this one up or not. :-/

Deb

I implemented styling for a background color on the bodywrapper and readjusted the width and positioning of my footer. This isn;t what I initially was going for, but 1) its working and 2) it looks pretty close to what I wanted.

Thank you for your help. Even if I didn;t solve the problem exactly as I had first hoped, I did learn a little more about the backend today. :)

Deb

• 2 months later...

I looked through the thread and did not see this listed anywhere. I have been playing with adding a large image below the header. I basically just modify the TEXT_MAIN in the index.html.

I possibly even thought about having two main pics below the header. I would like to link each image to a particular product listing, as in image one will point to the birdhouse product listing and image two will go to the dolls product listing, the same as if they had picked those selections in the categories.

Normally, in my html code I would just put in a link to the html code, but I don't think that's how it works here in php.

Any advice would be appreciated. My website is www.mycountryhavenstore.com/catalog if you wish to see what I have so far. Images HAVE NOT been added yet under the header.

Never mind, silly me....it's the same way you link a picture in normal html...for some reason I thought it would be done differenlty.

It usually is done "differently".

If you create anchors in osC without using the tep_href_link php function you run the risk of losing the session ID (and dumping the cart. logging the customer out, etc.)

You seem to be counted among the fortunate that this isn't the case with your site.

:thumbsup:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 1 month later...

It used to be so easy to change the width of the left or right column. Why in 2.3.3 is it so hard now. I can not figure out how to widen the columns. Does anyone know where and how to do this?

It used to be so easy to change the width of the left or right column. Why in 2.3.3 is it so hard now. I can not figure out how to widen the columns. Does anyone know where and how to do this?

includes/classes/osc_template.php

you can set column width there, just be aware that the 2 X the column width set + content width set should equal a total of 24

Thanks, that does work but it puts the right column underneath the site. Everything ends up being a mess.

Does everything still add up to 24.

I have on my siteand this works

class oscTemplate {

var $_title;

var $_blocks = array();

var $_grid_container_width = 24;

var $_grid_content_width = 14;

var $_grid_column_width = 5;

The column width there are two of so 14+5+5=24

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 2 months later...

Someone recommended asking my question here (I've asked it before in a different area)...

I want to make a ui button that will link to an external site. So far, I have:

<?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_SHOW); ?>

The button shows up on the page, but I don't know how to make the link. Does someone know how to do this?

Just so you know, I was only able to figure out how to make the button by editing one from a contribution; but it, of course, points to a file within the catalog.

----

Edit

I can't delete the post, but I wanted to let you know that I received my answer. Here is how to make the button to link to an external site:

<?php echo tep_draw_button('Visit Yahoo', 'extlink', 'http://www.yahoo.com', NULL, array('newwindow' => true)); ?>

Diana

Hello, my name is Glenn, i am a web designer/developer, i specialize in coldfusion, but im learning PHP.

I went to college for e-commerce and design. Sorry if this sounds like a resume, i just want to inform you guys of my background.

I use the following: Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Encore, etc.

Anyway, i recently got into the Vinyl Graphics business, i bought a cutter and have been designing and cutting decals and signs, etc.

I don't do this full time, yet. After i got out of college in 2004, the economy sucked, and i got a job doing something else i like to do, building and working on stuff, i build and work on automated packaging machines that get shipped out all over the world.

In my spare time ive been working on websites for local companies and organizations, and doing vinyl work for them.

Anyway, i want to expand my web design and vinyl graphics business, so i started up with this osCommerce cart, to sell stuff online.

I need some major help with tweaking my design and layout.

Ive read through this thread and others, and even worked a bit with the ThemeSwitcher addon.

Things i need help with, simple stuff that i must be overlooking on how to do:

You can view my setup here:

http://www.gcextreme.com/catalog/

1. Change the light blue table/outline around everything.

I already worked a bit with changing the blue buttons to a grey, but i want a Black/Red/White/Yellow setup.

2. Store Logo and top 3 buttons, i want change the layout. Right now my logo is to the left, and is tall, making the 3 buttons (Cart, Checkout, My Account) stay at the top leaving dead space below it.

I want to have those buttons on the bottom, at the top of the horizontal bar, and then expand my logo for the full width of the top area, if this is possible.

3. I want to add more info pages, like an About Us Page, etc...

Thanks for the help

1. go to http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ , edit a theme to your liking , then download it and add it to your shop.

2. edit includes/header.php

3. install and info page add-on or download the Add new page tutorial add-on.

Archived