• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for Design V2.3+

toyicebear

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had this looking really good... Yesterday. I was working on it today... I got interrupted by a few phone calls and am back to square one. I've went back to everything I had saved to that point, and couldn't find it. I'm thinking I forgot to save the working copy.

I now have:

post-303509-0-47422200-1327623709_thumb.gif

And it looks terrible once more.

Other than forgetting to save what I did... Where did I screw up

• 3 weeks later...

I am just wondering if there is a simple way of changing how you view your products. OSC default if to show the products list (i.e. each product per row) but can you change it into a grid (i.e. 2 or 3 products per row). Similar to how "New Products" is shown on the front page. Kind Regards

I am just wondering if there is a simple way of changing how you view your products. OSC default if to show the products list (i.e. each product per row) but can you change it into a grid (i.e. 2 or 3 products per row). Similar to how "New Products" is shown on the front page. Kind Regards

Click me>>

Ok, I think I've done pretty good for my first web site. I want to thank many on here for the help as I have learned a lot from reading posts. But now I am lost. I am trying to change the words "Privacy Notice" on the left column, used to be in the right column, to something else. Also, is there a way to change all the Catalog names and such to buttons or something, instead of just words?

web site here-----> www.ronisringsnthings.com

Please let me know what you think so far. Please remember, it is still in works.

There is a "Live Shop Discussions" part of the forum where you can add your site and ask for feedback.

But now I am lost. I am trying to change the words "Privacy Notice" on the left column

In OSC 2.3.1 each box has its own language files.

The information box for instance is: includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/information.php

Also, is there a way to change all the Catalog names and such to buttons or something, instead of just words?

You can use CSS to style links any way you like.

Thank you so much. I've been searching to change the Privacy Notice for 2 days now. I hadn't found it. Now it works, My wife is getting excited about getting her site up and running. I am still trying to learn CSS, so that part will take me awhile.

Also, is there a way to add local pickup as a shipping option? I would hate to have to charge people for shipping, if they plan to locally pick up an item.

Also, is there a way to add local pickup as a shipping option? I would hate to have to charge people for shipping, if they plan to locally pick up an item.

This is a topic for design related questions only, for other type questions open a new topic and ask your questions there. (Or you can head on over to the add-ons section and you might just find a module there)

I'm having difficulty understanding the 960 grid and how to change it effectively.

What I want to do design-wise is to turn off all the info boxes and have my site stretch across the whole grid.

So, without changing the grid so far I have the boxes turned off, but my text is displayed in the middle (as if the boxes where still there).

Can someone please help with how to change this look?

Cheers

Unless you have done modified something then the content will stretch to the full width of the site if the boxes/columns are disabled.

That is the full width of the grid.

If you wish another width than the default grid, then you can read up and make a new grid stylishness at: 960.gs

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to add an "About Us" page to my store. Since I don't really have any conditions of use, I tried to hijack the "Conditions" selection in the "Information" box. I changed all of the old references for the conditions to About Us and added text. The text comes out just fine, but what I would REALLY like is an image there too. Any ideas how to do this?

I wanted to add an "About Us" page to my store. Since I don't really have any conditions of use, I tried to hijack the "Conditions" selection in the "Information" box. I changed all of the old references for the conditions to About Us and added text. The text comes out just fine, but what I would REALLY like is an image there too. Any ideas how to do this?

You can add an image by simply adding html code for it with the text.

• 2 months later...

I used the themeroller with the theme switcher and some how i lost the graphic and style on the shopping cart buttons on the top. I might be a total airhead, frustrated and can't thing but I can't figure out how to fix it. Here is a link to the site. Can someone give me a hint how to replace it?

http://www.knottednola.com/store/index.php

The buttons are generated by java script and your site has java script errors.

And the errors must be related specifically for the part that generates the buttons.

Are you sure you need all those java script includes?

:unsure:

Looking at the source code it appears you're including different versions of the same file. Is that correct?

:unsure:

Firefox tells me one of the included scripts (/store/ext/jquery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js) isn't on the server. Maybe that's the whole problem.

You might try the Theme-roller Support Thread

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

The buttons are generated by java script and your site has java script errors. And the errors must be related specifically for the part that generates the buttons. Are you sure you need all those java script includes? :unsure: Looking at the source code it appears you're including different versions of the same file. Is that correct? :unsure: Firefox tells me one of the included scripts (/store/ext/jquery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js) isn't on the server. Maybe that's the whole problem. You might try the Theme-roller Support Thread

Hi I also used themeroller and theme swith with osc2.3.1

I got the same problem witht the buttons setting.

it didn't change the button set up at all.

Had search for long time about articles for buttons modification,

all just mention to use themem roller.

Can anyone please help?

thanks

lyn

Probably going to need your URL.

Kind of hard to diagnose what you can't see...

It would be like your doctor telling you you have a brain tumor by just talking to you on the phone.

Not likely...

:huh:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 4 weeks later...

You have several options.

1. Make the logo in about the same size as the original logo. (200px × 50px)

or

2. Edit stylesheet.css to change the appropriate style classes for header/logo.

or

3. Edit includes/header.php to suit your needs.

Thanks! Helped me a lot.

• 1 month later...

How do I add a background image to the store. I have tried by modifying the stylesheet like this:

body {

background: #fff;

background-image: url(images/bg.jpg);

color: #000;

margin: 0px;

font-size: 11px;

font-family: Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

}

This will however put the image all over the store. I should only want to have the background at the left and right side of the store. The actual store should keep it's white background.

Archived