• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

Hi There

I was wondering if there was an optimum configuration for this? I mean as in what should be turned on or off to get teh best results, I understand the Keywords meta tag is pretty pointless as engines no longer use them so this would be turned off, could someone point me in the right direction as to what should be on or off?

Also, is there an optimum sort order? ie in which would be the best order to have the meta tags in?:

for example:

<title>HP B0F44ET#ABU HP DC8300 USDT PC/i5-3470S CPU/500GB/4GB GB) RAM/Microsoft Win 7 Edition 64bit</title>

<meta name="description" content="HP B0F44ET#ABU HP DC8300 USDT PC/i5-3470S CPU/500GB/4GB GB) RAM/Microsoft Win 7 Edition 64bit/>

Thanks for any replies..

Magento Sucks - Oscommerce Rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I put apple touch icon header tag module into addons. You can download it. My friends tested the view and told some important information to me.

Application Icon

114x114 (iPhone 4)

57x57 (older iPhones)

72x72 (iPad)

I dont know if 129x129pixel is a real size.

Important info is that safari web browser ask this web icons in i-phones.

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem.

From modules ht_front_description/keywords I made reflective modules for other filename. But in all filenames this way doesn't work. Like in specials, reviews it works, in products_new, products_reviews_info it doesnt. In html code on the page meta marks cant be seen. Whats the catch?

I have no idea what you did wrong. Sorry, but this is beyond the level of support that I can provide in this forum.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

It looks to me like you have several modules installed that are working correctly. Only the Description and Keywords tags are blank. Which modules did you install?

Regards

Jim

It looks to me like you have several modules installed that are working correctly. Only the Description and Keywords tags are blank. Which modules did you install?

Regards

Jim

Thx Jim,

I have only installed front page and google translate

Let's try this again: Which modules from this addon did you install?

Regards

Jim

Sorry Jim,

I am stupid, didn't understand that right.

I have installed some modules double, and that of course give mistakes.

It works now, and try to fid out wich modules i can use.

Thx a lot for your support.

Grtz Mario

• 1 month later...

It looks like your /admin/includes/languages/english.php is corrupted or missing. Try uploading that file again.

Regards

Jim

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same Oscommerce in Two different Servers. One with PHP, 5.2.17 and the other with PHP 5.3.27.

In 5.2.17 It works, but in 5.3.27 It does not work. It workds at both in the admin panel, but in live data it does not.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Akis

When I go to a category, in the title does not appear the category name.In the admin panel the followning are enabled:

Category Meta Keywords - Insert

Category Title - Category Name

Category Title - Insert New

Product Title - Product Name

Product Title - Category Name

But when i go to the category the Title remanes the same as in the front page.

Where to look for a bug? I have followed your installation instructions on both servers the same. But in one gives me the category title, and in the other not.

Is there any place to search about it?

Regards,

Akis

Have you made any other changes to osCommerce that would affect the Categories page? What you are seeing seems to indicate that the categories_id is not being set for that page. Do you see a cPath=xxxx in the URL for a categories page?

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim!

@@kymation do you have support plan for @@raiwa mobile osc version in your header tags contribution? What do you think if we are doing something?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi Jim!

@@kymation do you have support plan for @@raiwa mobile osc version in your header tags contribution? What do you think if we are doing something?

Hello,

would be nice to get some support for Mobile OsC, but if you do so, wait for a couple of weeks, the new version Mobile OsC 7.0.0. will be published soon.

regards

Rainer @raiwa

Have you made any other changes to osCommerce that would affect the Categories page? What you are seeing seems to indicate that the categories_id is not being set for that page. Do you see a cPath=xxxx in the URL for a categories page?

Regards

Jim

Yes I do, and also in a subcategory I see the cPath=xxxx in the URL.