• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

I probably should not try to put out quick releases without proper testing, since it seems like something always goes wrong. Oh well, I finally got it right. Thanks for testing all of my failures. I'll add this to the next release.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello

How can i create title, meta description and meta tags for sites like shipping, conditions ... ?

The addon works perfect on several sites, but not on shipping, conditions and so on.

Kind regards

Michelle von Roit

The files in the preliminary release I linked above will add individual titles to those static pages. Just overwrite the files in the release package with those in the preliminary release.

Regards

Jim

Hello kymation :)

I installed it, but now i still miss the meta describ. and keyword tags.

Is there a possibility to add them on sites like conditions, shipping ... ?

I love your addon, it makes it easy to control the metatags ;)

Kind regards

Michelle von Roit

Those modules were not included because they are not really useful. The text in one of those support pages is not very likely to come up an a useful search by a customer in any case.

Most search engines ignore the text in the description unless there is no useful text on the page itself, which is not the case here. All search engines ignore the keywords tag except in extremely rare cases. The only use for the keywords tag is to find out what your competitors are targeting. Do you really want to give your competition that advantage?

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

You probably installed something wrong. Do all of the green check marks show in the module settings, or are there some red Xs?

Regards

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

Having an unusual issue with this addon.... When adding a new product the Product Meta Description and Product Meta Keywords boxes do not show up. However if I go back in and edit the product, then the boxes are there and can be filled in.

I've doubled checked all the manual edits and can't seem to find were I have gone wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That should work. The New Product and Edit Product sections use the same code. Compare your admin/categories.php to the copy in the Modular SEO Header Tags package.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have installed this add on for my 2.3.1 website and love it as its a good add on but just noticed I am getting the following on the end of the title tag in the website

Any ideas

MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_CATEGORY_TITLE_SEPERATOR

Kind regards

Ian

Edited by ianhaney

That constant is defined in the Category Title module. It should be replaced by a separator character if you're using that module. If you're not using the nodule, try deleting catalog/includes/modules/header_tags/category_title.php.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

Thank you for the reply, I managed to get it sorted now by removing the module and now is ok

Thank you again though for the reply

Would you mind taking a look at my website and seeing if I have got it set up right

Only thing I do need help on is for the contact us page, I have got the title set at World of Cosmetics, how would I get the title to say Contact Us - World of Cosmetics or World of Cosmetics - Contact Us

Kind regards

Ian

There are modules for Other Pages that cover the static pages like Contact Us. You can use the Navbar Title module to add the usual title for all of the static pages.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim

I uploaded the files from the link from the post link you gave me and got this error, how do I fix that, sorry

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ht_other_pages_title_store_name in customers/d/a/8/worldofcosmetics.co.uk/httpd/www/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_other_pages_title_store_name.php on line 13

Any ideas

Sorry

Ian

Edited by ianhaney

I thought I would uninstall and install the modules again but am getting a error on the admin->modules->Header Tags as well, the error is below

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ht_all_other_pages_title_string in /customers/d/a/8/worldofcosmetics.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php on line 13

Sorry to be a pain

Ian

Edited by ianhaney

You uploaded a file to the wrong place. Do not confuse the files in includes/modules/ with the files in includes/languages/ -- they have the same filename, but the contents are different.

regards

Jim