• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

Good detective work, but no. I use quotes from Cicero to fill the blanks for testing. It lets you know that you need to replace the Latin with something useful.

I still can't reproduce this bug. It's very annoying.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

It is very annoying because this contribution is the only one I saw so far where it lets you input your keywords and meta tags etc. I'm having a problem with my main page with this to input display the key words properly and I really taught this contribution would have helped.

• 1 month later...

I'm having an issue with the header tags for manufacturer pages. It shows Manufacturer, MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_CATEGORY_TITLE_SEPARATOR - ScopeStop.com

Do I need to define this somewhere? If so, is it in the db or an english.php file?

The header tag modules I currently have enabled are: All Pages - Store Name in Title, Category Page- Category Name, Manufacturer Title, and Product Title - Product Name

I did a google search for MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_CATEGORY_TITLE_SEPARATOR and it seems quite a few stores are having the same issue.

Thanks in advance, and BTW I love your modular addons.

EDIT: Also shows up on the homepage when using Front Page - Title.

Edited by jonesy827

One more question, where would be the appropriate place to insert a favicon tag with this mod installed?

Also, I'd like to note that I attempted to install the non-modular SEO header tags today and the changes to the SQL file are still there.

Looks like a bug in the ht_category_title.php module file. Find this code:

if( basename( $PHP_SELF ) == FILENAME_DEFAULT ) {

and change it to this:

if( basename( $PHP_SELF ) == FILENAME_DEFAULT && $this->enabled == true ) {

Please let me know if that fixed the problem for you.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jeff, that worked perfectly!

I'm now having a similar problem with the static text for the front page, it is displaying MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_PAGE_TITLE_SEPARATOR after the text that is entered for the module. I looked at the ht_front_title.php file and couldn't find the problem, but then again I just started with php :P

Michael

That constant is defined in the ht_front_title.php module file. If you have that one installed, I don't understand how you are getting the error. Check the configuration table in your database: Search for a key of MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_PAGE_TITLE_SEPARATOR. If it's not there, try uninstalling and reinstalling the module.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim! (My bad on calling you Jeff before.) That got it working, now the only problem I see is that there is a - after the title I enter, and even if I leave the separator field blank it shows it.

Also, I assume there is no easy way or existing modification to have this mod do a different custom string for each category and possibly manufacturer?

Edited by jonesy827

I've seen that dash show up where it wasn't set. It's some weird interaction between modules, or an artifact of the module system itself. I'll have to look into that.

There are Insert Category Title and Description modules. Use those to add your own custom title and/or description for each category. There is nothing similar for Manufacturers yet. Feel free to write your own modules if you wish. I have no idea when I'll have the time to work on it.

Regards

Jim

Where would I enter the text for each category? Can't seem to find it.

EDIT: My fault, should have read documentation before asking. It's on the category edit page if anyone's wondering.

Edited by jonesy827

Hi I installed your module and when I installed the "All Pages Title - String" mdoule I got the following error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in /home/content/26/7698926/html/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 16. If I set the status to false the error is not there. Any suggestions to fix this error?

Hi I was looking at the error which I got and noticed the following. Each module where you have to input some info gives the: "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in /home/content/26/7698926/html/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 16" i.e. All Pages Title - String, Category Title, Front Page - Description, Front Page - Title, Front Page - Store Name in Title, Other Pages Title - String,Product Title - String modules. What I also noticed is that a particular module( I can't remember right now) had the following words in the description "Illyricum cunctamque Graeciam tueatur" which is latin. When I looked at my language.php file located in the classes directory I noticed It didn't have latin any where in the languages array. Could this be one of the problems which would cause the error because once the module installs it installs with the above description? I'm just throwing this out to see if this can lead to a solution.

I have spent so many hours going through this problem, but finally came up with the solution.

go to catalog/includes/header.php and comment out include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php'); on line 27 or close to this line.

If this doesn't work than you can use this method http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/376532-cannot-redeclare/

Hope this helps, I don't wish people loosing so much time as I did :)

Your solution completely breaks the multi-language capability of this module. Most of the people having this problem use multiple languages, so this won't help them at all.

Regards

JIm

Your solution completely breaks the multi-language capability of this module. Most of the people having this problem use multiple languages, so this won't help them at all.

Regards

JIm

Yes, my bad. I'm using a mono-language shop and it works fine there. I guess problem was that language.php file was recalled multiple time.

Since you said you never encountered this problem, maybe you have some kind of different configuration. Have you compared your files with the originals one?

All of these modules were developed on a strictly stock copy of osCommerce 2.3.1. This is my normal practice for anything that I release as an Addon. And yes, I've also tried adding additional languages to my test store, with no difference. It's either some setting in PHP, the version of PHP, or possibly a setting in osCommerce. All I know is I can't duplicate it no matter what I've tried.

Regards

JIm

So I installed the original version and compared the files with my modified store, in this case catalog/includes/header.php

So this lines were not included in the original header.php

<div class="languages fl_right"><?php
if (!isset($lng) || (isset($lng) && !is_object($lng))) {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');
$lng = new language;
}
$languages_string = '';
reset($lng->catalog_languages);

More importantly for the specific error "redeclare", the line

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

This line is present only on modified header.php and commenting it out with double slashes

//include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

will not effect multi-languages stores. I tried it on my store with more languages and it works fine.

I have no idea what that code would be doing in the header. It's certainly not stock code. In any case, try this instead of commenting it out:

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

Regards

Jim

Hi

I am having problems with inputting data in the category level - i.e. title and meta descriptions.

It saves the data but when you go back to edit it the data is not there and so need to re-enter it all the time

Is there a fix for this please? - the meta descriptions in the product listings works OK and does not behave like this

I am using 2.3.1 oscommerce and installed modular seo tags version 1.4.2

We are using php 5.3

Thanks in advance

Dawn Toner

There's no fix yet because I haven't had time to go look for the bug. Too much code, too little time....

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have a problem with Modular SEO Header Tags 1.4.2. in admin area. I have set two languages. Czech language as default and English as another language. When I want to edit any product there is uploaded Czech meta tags in English Product Head Title field and English Product Meta Discription field. So I have to set English meta tags every time when I edit product details or English meta tags will be set to Czech when I click save button.

There is image with marked problem fields.

Could anybody advise what shell I do with that?

Thank you,

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Which meta description module are you using?

i'm have the "Product Meta Description - Product Description"

i'm not using the "Product Meta Description - Insert"

i have noticed the problem, the module is rendering the HTML tags like <li> and <ul> as several blank spaces, but i don't know how to solve this. (see the page source of the provided link)

any hint would be very appreciated!!

That's not a problem. Meta tags are plain text -- HTML is not allowed inside the tag.

the module should ignore the HTML tags completely. i think its better to use the "Product Meta Description - Insert" instead.

anyway, its a great and efficient module, my website has advanced critically since it is installed, thank you!

the module should ignore the HTML tags completely.

That would result in invalid HTML in the page header. This would cause some browsers (most versions of Internet Explorer) to show errors or not render your pages correctly. Also, search engines will return broken code, causing most or all of your page to be ignored.

Is that really what you want?

Regards

Jim