osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

Hi, I am copying all new files,

then I am editing

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

In catalog/admin/categories.php there is 3 separate additions of 1 line each. I can add 2nd and 3rd line and OSC is working. After I am adding the 1st line to categories.php problem starts.

I am using OSC 2.3.1 (fresh install, without any new modules instaled - exept thouse that are instaled automaticly). This is how the problem looks like:

I am pressing "new product", filling all the gaps, pressing "save" and I see no changes, product is not added and there is no error messages.

Regards

Then you need to answer the same questions. I'm not psychic.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I had the same issue - once I removed your (3 bits of ?) code from /admin/categories.php I was able to add products again..

I am still busy working on my 2.3.1 templating system so didn't get to debugging..

I also found a 2.3.1 core bug which deletes product information when a product edit times out !! grr..

Cya!

pete

Edited by xmanflash

All of you need to be looking at your PHP errors. If you have access to the error log, look in there. If not, change Line 17 in your admin/includes/application_top.php to this:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

and try the same thing again. Now you should see one or more error messages. Copy those messages and Paste them here.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

<snip>I also found a 2.3.1 core bug which deletes product information when a product edit times out !! grr..

Cya!

pete

You shouldn't have that problem if you are using .htaccess/.htpasswd protection. If you are using the default PHP protection, don't. That has a huge security hole as well as the annoying short timeout.

Regards

Jim

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 248

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/*******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 267

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/*******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 311

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 332

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/public_html/****/categories.php:248) in /home/****/public_html/****/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 248

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/*******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 267

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/*******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 311

Notice: Undefined variable: products_id in /home/******/public_html/****/categories.php on line 332

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/public_html/****/categories.php:248) in /home/****/public_html/****/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

have a look in home/****/public_html/****/includes/functions/general.php and delete the blank line from the top or bottom of the file

I see what's happening, but I still don't see why. Please post the URL of the page when you are getting these errors. You can leave off the domain and path if you want; I really only need the part after the question mark.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

im tried, deleted in file categories.php line 21

// Modular SEO Header Tags
 include( DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags/categories_products_process.php' );

now saves new products.....what problem?

I add in old products (meta title and meta description), with new products does not appear on the entry field.....

I can't do anything until someone starts answering my questions. I don't want or need to see any more "me too" posts. Answer or don't post at all.

I can't do anything until someone starts answering my questions. I don't want or need to see any more "me too" posts. Answer or don't post at all.

kymation, you get the error ? no errors appear!! click save new product....not save product, nothing happens.

the problem is resolved to save the product, delete line 21 1° modification file admin/categories.php (delete line, save ok product)

but does not appear to add-on up post screenshot <_<

You shouldn't have that problem if you are using .htaccess/.htpasswd protection.

Just checking. Am getting ready to install your contribution onto my osc 2.3.1. I have already installed the extra protection to new-admin using .htaccess/.htpasswd. So does it matter in what order these should be done?

Thank you.

Bennett

I've uploaded a fixed copy over here. For those of you updating, the only file that you need is catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php.

I did install your ver 1.3 plus the the fix ht_all_pages_title_string.php into catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ - onto my store using localhost. Once I open admin->modules->header tags and then click install modules, I get this error message :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ht_all_pages_title_store_name in W:\www\mystore\includes\modules\header_tags\ht_all_pages_title_store_name.php on line 13

This is not live, am using localhost. If I install this to my live store, will this error go away?

Thank you.

It sounds like you installed a module file into the languages directory by mistake. Check your installation again, or re-upload the files. Note that there are two different files with the same name for each module, and each of the two files must go into the correct directory.

The latest release is correct, so you don't need to add any fixes.

Regards

Same error message as post #68. Went to admin of live store and disabled product title. Manually deleted all files in header_tags folder for all except that in original 2.3.1. Uploaded the header_tags files and manually edited the three files of

catalog/admin/categories.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Have even compared the two folders for any misplaced/missing files. Both download and live story directory matches.

Disregard this post for now, I might of found the reason. If not solved, I will re-post.

Sorry.

Edited by blr044

Same error message as post #68.

Disregard this post for now, I might of found the reason. If not solved, I will re-post.

Sorry.

Problem was in these two files in languages/english....

ht_all_pages_title_store_name.php

ht_all_pages_title_string.php

had same code for both the includes/modules and the languages files. Did correct with proper code. But somehow I even messed up those files in the download, might of had only one eye open. Sorry. Working now, but if you could post the two correct files codes that go into :

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_store_name.php
catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php

I appreciate it.

I have the below error message at top of the front page:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_DESCRIPTION_TEXT_ENGLISH in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2975/ipg.brgifts/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_front_title.php on line 45

Have checked phpMyAdmin in the configuration table and MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_DESCRIPTION_TEXT_ENGLISH was not there. So what is the procedure of adding it?

Thank you.

Use only the download for Version 1.3, dated 4 Dec 2010. The latest version is incomplete.

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_store_name.php and catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php are correct in Version 1.3.

MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_DESCRIPTION_TEXT_ENGLISH is defined in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_front_title.php. It sounds like you are having problems with all of the language files. Check that you uploaded these to the correct directory.

Regards

Jim

First of all, thanks for a great contribution. But would like to ask a question if I may. I do not see anything in download that refers to keywords. Now I have read other forums and gooole search, and have read that the Google doesn't use the "keywords" meta tag in our web search ranking anymore.

So is the reason that keywords are not part of the installation?

Thank for all your help.

Bennett