• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular SEO Header Tags

kymation

Hi Jim,

I tried to install your contrib on a fresh 2.3.1, but I'm getting this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ht_all_pages_title_string in /home/ccf23331/public_html/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php on line 13

This happens when clicking on "+ Install Module"

Any idea what it could be?

Thank you.

PS: I removed all of the Header Tags modules prior to installation.

You put one or more of the module files in the wrong directory, probably in includes/languages/english/modules/front_page/.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You put one or more of the module files in the wrong directory, probably in includes/languages/english/modules/front_page/.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim for your reply.

I double-checked, even redid the installation and obtained the same error. Also, I don't have a front_page directory under /includes/languages/english/modules/ do you?

Thank you

Sorry, I mixed up the directories. That should be catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/.

Look at the structure of the catalog directory in the distribution. Your structure should match that. Also, the files and their locations are detailed in the Installation section of the User's Manual.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, I mixed up the directories. That should be catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/.

Look at the structure of the catalog directory in the distribution. Your structure should match that. Also, the files and their locations are detailed in the Installation section of the User's Manual.

Regards

Jim

I did double check, triple check, went by the manual and the directory structure. It's driving me crazy... I'm about to try your previous version and then do the update manually...just in case... I really like the modular structure with very little mods on the existing files. BTW I installed your other contrib front page and it's awesome.

Thanks!

Hi Jim,

I tried to install your contrib on a fresh 2.3.1, but I'm getting this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ht_all_pages_title_string in /home/ccf23331/public_html/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php on line 13

This happens when clicking on "+ Install Module"

Any idea what it could be?

Thank you.

PS: I removed all of the Header Tags modules prior to installation.

I am getting this same error. I will have a look tomorrow

I have only seen that when files are copied to the wrong directory. Specifically, copying a file that belongs in catalog/includes/modules/header_tags/ into catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/. If you can find some other cause of this I'll add it to the Troubleshooting list.

regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm also getting the same error. I have now redone the installation twice with same result. I'm also working on fresh install.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Jack

I've uploaded a fixed copy over here. For those of you updating, the only file that you need is catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php. The rest should be fine.

My apologies to everyone who was tearing their hair out over my mistake. I seem to be shooting myself in the foot lately. A lot.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Hi Jim,

I have now updated the file and the module install is now working which is nice however I now receiving the following error across the top of the home page.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_ALL_PAGES_TITLE_STRING_TEXT_ENGLISH in /catalognew/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_all_pages_title_string.php on line 43

your thoughts on this.

regards

jack

Look in your database. Does that key exist in the configuration table? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the module?

Regards

Jim

Hey Jim,

Great contribution. I finally was able to install it after your 1.2.3 fix / file sorting. It works very well with the exception of the all_pages_title_string module. Just like Jack, I'm having an issue with this module. I had to deactivate it for the rest to work properly.

I also wanted to know if there was a way to include in the tags the model field. I sell car parts and I store the part numbers in that field. Customers find me by part numbers on my current site.

Thank you.

Hey Jim,

Great contribution. I finally was able to install it after your 1.2.3 fix / file sorting. It works very well with the exception of the all_pages_title_string module. Just like Jack, I'm having an issue with this module. I had to deactivate it for the rest to work properly.

I also wanted to know if there was a way to include in the tags the model field. I sell car parts and I store the part numbers in that field. Customers find me by part numbers on my current site.

Thank you.

I second that one, I sell electrical components and the model field would be a great addition :thumbsup:

It appears there's a typo in all 3 of the string modules. Looks like I outsmarted myself again. For those of you that are impatient, the line that looks like

$languages = $language->languages;

should be

$languages = $language->catalog_languages;

For the rest of you, I'll upload a corrected package in a few minutes.

The Model field would require a new module. It's just a hack on the product name module, so I might just put that in.

Regards

Jim

Version 1.3 has been uploaded. This fixes the three string module typos noted above. Please remember to uninstall the module before uploading the fixed modules.

I also included a Product Title - Model module. This was a quick hack on the similar Product Name module, and I didn't test it thoroughly, so there could be bugs. Not that that isn't always a possibility in my code.

Regards

Jim

Not without some actual information. The most likely cause is not uploading all of the files, or putting files in the wrong place. Check again.

Regards

Jim

What version is your osCommerce install? What are you trying to edit and on what page (give the URL.) What result are you seeing? What error messages are you seeing?

Regards

Jim

if front title with front description modules together install, this a error.

ht_front_title.php

find:

if( basename( $PHP_SELF ) == FILENAME_DEFAULT && $cPath == '' ) {
     	$head_title = constant( 'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_DESCRIPTION_TEXT_' . strtoupper( $language ) );

replace with:

if( basename( $PHP_SELF ) == FILENAME_DEFAULT && $cPath == '' ) {
     	$head_title = constant( 'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_FRONT_TITLE_TEXT_' . strtoupper( $language ) );

Regards

Basri.