• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

invalid login for NEW INSTALL after setting up .htaccess

makeit4me

installed successfully

logged in, configured additional options

enabled .htaccess

NOW can no longer log in - receive invalid login, admin login not changed, only change: .htaccess addition

checked documentation: NOTHING, just tells you how to change your password after logging in. nice

installed successfully

logged in, configured additional options

enabled .htaccess

NOW can no longer log in - receive invalid login, admin login not changed, only change: .htaccess addition

checked documentation: NOTHING, just tells you how to change your password after logging in. nice

Set your htaccess username and password the same as your osC username and password, and try again.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Set your htaccess username and password the same as your osC username and password, and try again.

I did, TWICE. what I had to do, UNREAL, was delete the install, drop all databases and reinstall - then set up a BRAND NEW .htaccess file. the existing one which had password set for direcory would not be allowed w/ new install. I tried refreshing PC thinking it was a cache thing. only to have to create a completely new .htaccess file. the original one also had spammer's IP addy's to block, had to go back and manually copy those into new file.

all's working fine now. 1 store down, 2 to go. I LOVE THE NEW UPDATE. OMG!!! excited about updating real store but want to see what all the glitches will be with non-priority store first before taking real store offline now

Archived